“Holidays with family”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bridge House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skibbereen
Bridge House
Ranked #2 of 12 Skibbereen B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Holidays with family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

At the first arriving we thought a little bit funny, but after the heartly welcome from Mona and discovering every corner of this nice and beautiful accomodation we have been fascinated. On the next morning we have been surprised by a fantastic breakfast. She gave us also a lot of hints and tipps around the area. We would book it again ;-)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DirkW6921PR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Hebrew first
Berea, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

My mother, father, and I stayed with Mona at the Bridge House on our very first trip to Ireland. Being American, we weren't sure what to expect. The Bridge House exceeded our expectations. It is absolutely exquisite. The bedrooms are so beautiful and well-decorated, and the beds are so comfortable! Mona is the best part though. She is a wonderful woman and is very helpful. The breakfasts she made us were delicious!!! It was so well done and professional. I loved everything about my experience at the Bridge House and I would never stay anywhere else in Skibbereen!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Booked for a girly getaway on the basis of its reviews, Bridge House and Mona did not disappoint! We had enormous fun just exploring every corner of our rooms and the amazing decor! Mona is a delightful hostess, helpful with recommendations of places to eat and places to visit, and a source of great stories ... do spend time getting to know her while you are here! And enjoy her home, it's an incredible experience staying here, unlike any other.

Room Tip: Right on the street, so ask for the back bedroom if you're not used to traffic. And let Mona kn...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Carlow, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

The Bridge House, Skibbereen should be on the tourist map as a place worthy of visiting in and of itself, regardless of its everyday function as a guest house. This B & B is a den of quirky treasures, a unique testament to the idiosyncratic vision of its owner. From fairy lit mannequins, statues of Buddha and St Patrick, to lizards looking in the window, you can easily believe you are in some strange fantasy land worthy of J. R. R. Tolkien or C.S. Lewis. In a world of designer blandness, it is refreshing to meet something absolutely distinct and out on its own. And if that were not enough to attract you in, Mona is a warm and lively hostess and her breakfasts are second to none. I totally enjoyed my stay in the Bridge House and after leaving I definitely have a story to tell and a tale to relate. You can't say that for too many places these days.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Hanging over the entrance to Bridge House is a colorful sign stating 'Enter as strangers, leave as friends' and having stayed in this totally unexpected eclectic B&B, thats run by the lovely Mona, I have to agree.

From the moment we arrived at the door, without a booking, Mona was more than accommodating. Entering the hall we were greeted by a rather dapper looking mannequin in a top hat, followed shortly by a warm welcome from the proprietor herself.

The room she guided us to was beautifully decorated, full of tasteful antique furniture and had an array of unexpected curios that provided us with lots of laughs - most notably, the impossible to make puzzle, fifty shades of grey, a bible and a pair of handcuffs!

The breakfast was presented well and the table was laid out with adorable china cups, a cute teapot that was kept heated by a tea light underneath and a lovely fresh flower adorning the butter in the butter dish, to name but a few of the special touches. Mona also offered a great selection herbal teas.

Overall, the B&B is by far the most unique and unusual I've visited in Ireland or any other country. Its just not the kind of place that you would expect to find in West Cork, but I think that adds to the charm of the place. Mona is warm, welcoming and she is helpful far beyond the call of duty and having had the Bridge House experience, I feel confident in staying that I will organize any future trips to West Cork in such a way that I can stay in this wonderful B&B.

For a finishing note, I'd also like to mention that the locals we spoke with are really proud of this B&B! They were telling us about the awards it had won and that it was voted the most unique B&B in Ireland - I can't remember the exact award, but I can say that its well deserved!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We drove down to Skibbereen from Cork, and were lucky to chance upon the Bridge House. We had a great experience staying here and would really recommend it. It's the perfect place from which to explore the town and surrounding coastline. Mona made us feel really welcome and very comfortable - she also had some great recommendations on where to go in Skibbereen, and we had a fantastic time there.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here last night as I was in skibereen for a wedding. The owner was one of the nicest hosts I have met and goes over and beyond to help you and make you feel welcome. The house is full of character and the breakfast is great. It is a must if visiting skibereen and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skibbereen
The West Cork Hotel
#5 of 12 in Skibbereen
Russagh Mill Hostel
Russagh Mill Hostel
#1 of 6 in Skibbereen

Been to Bridge House? Share your experiences!