“Fantastic Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Annie Mays B&B

Annie Mays B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skibbereen
Annie Mays B&B
Ranked #10 of 12 Skibbereen B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

Myself and my partner stayed here for 3 nights and I'm finding it hard to fault our stay. I'd have to argue that the comments below are no where near what we experienced. The service was top notch, food delightful. The staff were more than friendly and gave us great tips on what there was to see around west cork. We experienced our first traditional Irish music night in the pub downstairs the atmosphere was fantastic. We enjoyed our stay immensely. I would recommend anyone to stay here and to top it all off it's fantastic value!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Holly11B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
glasgow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed here overnight last month. The twin room was rather small and drab and certainly the worst bed I've been unfortunate to sleep in. I agree with a previous reviewer's comment about the welcome, practically non-existent.. The breakfast was good ,however we had dinner the previous evening and it was nothing special. Cutlery put down with a salt and pepper and a bottle of vinegegar on an uncovered table, felt like the local chippie.The food was plentiful but the cooking somewhat lacking. My starter arrived 10 mins after my daughter's main course and along with my main course. I sent the mains back but I imagine it to be reheated when eventually served,to further disappoint we waited 45 mins to be served. It seemed like the pub side of the business took priority and the accomodationwas a sideline..Skibereen itself is a charming little place but if you're looking for accomodation shop around you're sure to find better..

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank oldmungobhoy
Mequon, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

I am somewhat surprised by some of these glowing reviews of Annie's. While the breakfast was good and at that time owners were quite pleasant, the night before was a different story. There was little to no welcome. In fact, the gentleman behind the bar in the pub downstairs actually seemed surprised and humored by the fact that we were staying there. Then it was hiking up a very long stairway, by a person who said little to nothing or than to give us a key to each of our rooms, give us the number of the room, and disappear. The rooms were quite small, clean, but not very functional. The bed was awful, you could feel the springs in the bed. The room we were given was in the front facing the street, despite the fact that we seemed to be the only ones staying there. It was quite noisy being on the street. I wondered why did they put us on the street when there were plenty of doors to rooms in the back. I am surprised by one reviewer stating the linens were soft as a feather, as that was certainly not the case in our rooms. If there were nicer rooms, we sure didn't stay in them.

Room Tip: If you stay here, which I don't recommend, ask for a room in the back so the street noise will n...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank Cheryl H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

I had booked a twin room for my son and me. I had just had a 35 hour journey from Australia so was disappointed when told they had us down for a double. They realised the fault was there's and immediately organised alternative accommodation in a seaside village nearby as all was booked in Skiberreen for a civil defence exercise going on at the time.
They poured us a pint on the house and then much to our surprise picked up the tab for the place they found us in nearby Glendore. The place turned out to fantastic and we had no complaints.
What impressed me most was there was no arguments or anything other than an intention to make us happy.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Cillin
dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

We had a family death and it was the expressed wish of my uncle that all who attended his funeral should be invited to Annie Mays for lunch. Despite me being a local now living in Dublin I had never had food there before. We were served up an incredible lunch in piping hot plates and second helpings were generously offered. The owners Paddy and Angela and their son Paudie were hands on and I can only advise you that you must try this pub/restaurant /failte Ireland approved B&B if you are visiting Skibbereen. You will be impressed by this family run business and home style cooking using local ingredients at its best.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mikeddie
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

I was in Skibereen for two nights and not only was my room at Annie Mays immaculate, the shower was piping hot, the linens soft as a feather, and then I awoke to the finest breakfast I had in all my 3 weeks in Ireland. That night my shrimp scampi was perfectly prepared and artfully presented. As a Chef I might be a little more critica,l so when I say the food was outstanding I really mean it! What a value! Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012 via mobile

Whata b&b one of the best iv been in.. Friendly staff was peaceful and the rooms were fab very big and cosy.. Definately go back again.. Food great n great craic with paudie n the bar.. 5out of 5

• Stayed July 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skibbereen
The West Cork Hotel
#6 of 6 in Skibbereen
Liss Ard Estate
Liss Ard Estate
#3 of 12 in Skibbereen

Been to Annie Mays B&B? Share your experiences!