“Lived up to all our expectations and some !”
Review of Willie Pa's Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Willie Pa's Bar & Restaurant
Price range: US$6 - US$41
Cuisines: Irish, Steakhouse, Contemporary, International
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Visited Saturday evening April 20th as a couple.
We were totally delighted with every aspect from the minute we walked in. We loved the newly renovated bar area. I had been in the old bar but had never seen the new. The menu was excellent and the choice of specials was great.
As it happened, I ordered the incorrect bottle of wine and without looking accepted it when it was presented to me to confirm my choice. When it didnt suit we decided to take another look at the wine menu and immediately the manager was over to ensure all was ok. I explained that it was totally my error. We were assisted with another choice and so surprised and obviously delighted when the first choice was wiped from the bill. We had been planning on going to this restaurant for approximately 2 years but for various reasons we did not made it until Saturday night last. Every aspect of the restaurant, service and food lived up to our expectations. Obviously the excellent one to one service and the understanding we received when I made a mistake was exceptional. Also thanks for the recommendation on the Elijah Craig bourbon to finish off a fantastic experience in Willie Pa's. Superb restaurant with seriously reasonable prices

Reviewed 16 April 2013

This is THE place to dine in Bantry. The food is excellently prepared, the desserts are beautiful to behold, the atmosphere elegantly casual. It's always a treat to visit Willie Pa's.

1  Thank Karen R
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We arrived punctually for our 2.30 p.m.booking and were directed to the bar for a drink. The decor is nice and cosy, comfortable couches and book lined walls. The waitress brought menus and came back several times to get our order - not really giving us enough time to decide. The 3 course menu was a very reasonable €22.50, with an extra €5 supplement for the steak and monkfish dish. We ordered and asked for the wine list twice but it did not arrive. We were called to take our table then and eventually got the wine list and chose the house Merlot which was good. The restaurant was extremely busy but the service was very efficient. The 13 year old had the pasta from the children's menu while the5 adults had the 3 courses and very good they were too - from the deep fried mushroom starter to the delicious monkfish in cream and garlic sauce. The trio of desserts was absolutely gorgeous. The only faults were too many doors open with freezing wind from Siberia blowing through the restaurant (it WAS a very cold day) and we felt hassled at the end by the staff to finish. We would have been quite happy to have had our coffees in the bar (and maybe they might have sold more drinks!) but this was not suggested! We did not get an itemised bill which made it difficult to work out who owed what and it came on the counterfoil of the order taken by the waitress - just the total of €169.50 which was a bit odd! We have been to Willie Pa's before for dinner which was excellent and Father's Day last year for lunch which was great. We will go again but hope they shut that outside door of the kitchen!

Reviewed 28 November 2012

Passing by Willie Pa's on a Sunday lunchtime we decided to check if there was a vacancy.
The restaurant was quite full but they were able to accommodate a booking for three.
We had a drink in the reinstated library and were called to our table very quickly.
Having looked at the menu, our decision was a tough one as everything looked tempting.
I must confess to looking at the meals on the tables around us to help with the decision.
The starters-warm chicken salad for me, seafood selection and soup for my companions, were tasty and served with just out of the oven home-baked bread.
We decided on two lamb and one fish (salmon and cod-a small fillet of each). These meals arrived piping hot with a selection of veg, mashed potato and delicious hand-cut chips.
They were not plastered in butter, as is usually the case, but were so tasty nonetheless.
My fish was absolutely fantastic,cooked to perfection. The lamb, I was told was the best they had ever tasted.
Desserts were another hard choice but we ended up with the trio of mini desserts-just so as we could try them all.
The staff were courteous and attentive. The decor is homely with a selection of local art.
The next time you are heading to Bantry stop at Willie Pa's-you won't be sorry

Reviewed 11 November 2012

Stopped off at Willie Pa's en route to Bantry and I'm glad we did. Cuisine here was excellent, a very French influence to the menu, excellent value for money and friendly, helpful and professional staff.
The premises were refurbished since last I visited due to a fire in the main bar area and the transformation was remarkable and tastefully decorated along simple lines. Open now only on weekends Fri-Sunday this restaurant is well worth a visit. No hesitation in recommending the establishment.