“"You have to try it to believe it"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Snug

The Snug
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Bantry
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cork, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"You have to try it to believe it"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We can not recommend The Snug enough!!!! It is great value for money, the choice is endless and something to suit everyone. The portion sizes are great and you never leave there feeling hungry. The staff are lovely and pleasant and very helpful nothing is too much trouble. When we get to Bantry its the only place to eat, the decor inside is amazing you have to try it to believe it!!!!!! Well worth a visit.

sydney
“Wholesome meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

The place is small but it was worth the wait to get a table.. The meal was fresh and generous in the size. The meal was very good and we would recommend it to anyone.

Visited May 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had a beautiful meal while we were on holidays in Bantry.I am a coeliac and the waiter/bartender took the time to go through the menu with me and I had the most amazing meal.I had fish so amazing,husband a burger which he said was beautiful & my son chicken wings,we couldn't fault any part of it.There was so much food and such great value for money not cheap but not expensive.Its a really friendly bar with great atmosphere well worth a visit.

1 Thank Louleo35
Limerick, Ireland
“delightful surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We were in bantry for 2 days, we decided to eat out the last night. We went into the town centre and walked up and down reading the menus, my 8 and 11 year old boys wanted to try mussels and fish. We stopped at the snug which was old world with a wooden plaque on the door. We Werewolf greeted by a friendly hostess who organised a table for us, I decided on roast lamb,hubby had steak, and boys had mussels and cod goujons. We waited for our order and watched as numerous people came and tried to get a seat. Well! When our order arrived we understood why. My lamb was flanked by perfect turnip puree, cauliflower cheese and lamb the like I've never tasted before. My husband fell instantly in love with his sirloin cooked to perfection, still moving he likes it. We never enjoyed a meal or atmosphere as much,boys were thrilled with fish. 5 star food,very reasonably priced and friendly staff. A must for a visit to bantry!

1 Thank Eleanor V
Cork, Ireland
“Value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Dined in The Snug last evening and O.M.G. what a meal!!!!. First of all on entering the premises we were greeted by a very friendly member of staff ( in fact all staff were likewise),.There was a great variety on the menu and the portions was very generous.I ordered mushrooms for starters and as usual thought I would get may 4 but in fact got a large portion of same ( which were delicious) followed by homemade burger again not just one but two and were accompanied with french fries (needless to say I had no room for them).I will certainly return and will be recommending "The Snug" to all