“Average but nice location”

Arundels by the Pier
Ranked #11 of 41 Restaurants in Bantry
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2013

A few friends went there, starters very good. Mains were quiet good but big chunks of veg raw. Very poor selection for deserts and what we got was very poor. Lacking someone in charge instead of all young girls.

1  Thank Frances130

Reviewed 31 July 2013

This pub has an amazing location with outdoor eating practically on the water! Kids loved the playground which has swings slides monkey bars etc and was a huge hit.

Unfortunately the food was average. In fairness I was expecting something amazing given the reviews it has been getting and maybe this skewed my experience. I had steak and it was not great my wife had chicken and it was cold. I did see the next table getting amazing looking mussels so perhaps we were just unlucky?

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I had heard a lot of good stories about Arundels but was pretty disappointed by our recent experience. On a positive note it was a lovely evening and we sat outside, and the kids played happily with the swing set. But food wise it wasn't amazing. The burger was very big, dry and the chips were hand cut but were underdone. The salad had no dressing other than a drizzle of mayo - personally I love salad and would have appreciated a good dressing and a bit more variety of ingredients. It was OK for pub food but nothing special. The deserts were nice. Watching the evening activity on the pier was lovely and the staff are good, though under pressure.

1  Thank queenofqueen
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We ate at Arundels on a Sunday evening. The staff seemed very much under pressure from the numbers of hopeful diners, and, although we had booked, we were kept waiting half an hour even to be seated. The food was ok, though my fish pie was rather uninteresting.

Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

Last Sunday , we said we would try this beautiful place for lunch on good word from local people who have dined there , we arrived and sat in the garden , I ordered drinks that never arrived , but to go to the bar and retrieve them myself , the burgers we were told were amazing and to be fair the burger meat was but you only get half a bap with the burger when I asked for the other half (and this is funny) the waitress told me they don't put it on as it usually ends up in the bin ,we also sat there without forks and knives when our food arrived , basic training is all that's needed here .

1  Thank i8mu