“Fabulous Location stunning food”

Arundels by the Pier
Ranked #12 of 40 Restaurants in Bantry
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Fabulous Location stunning food. Nice little playground for the children overlooking a beautiful bay!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We devoured our starters; mussels, rarebit, celeriac soup. All were great. Mains were good too and we sat at a comfortable picnic table on the grass, overlooking the sea. Beautiful.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

we visited this restaurant and I must say the food was of a very poor standard, I had a very dry burger that wasnt cooked very well and others at the table had the beef and Guinness pie and the meat was very poor quality. we were there with a new born baby who was obviously was in a buggy and this seemed to be a huge inconvenience to the manager and she was very rude when telling us to move the buggy which the baby was sleeping in next to me. There is no doubt between the rude manager and the mediocre food its not on our list of places to return to.

1  Thank lanimc81
Shane A, Owner at Arundels by the Pier, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Lanimc81,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review Arundels by the Pier. I have spoken to our manager Olivia about the above review and feel it is very important that we take the time, as you did, to respond to your grievances. Olivia would like to sincerely apologise if you felt she was rude and also would like to assure you that your beautiful sleeping baby was in absolutely no way an inconvenience and indeed we having young children ourselves try our best to ensure that all our little guests are accommodated and entertained so as young and old alike can have an enjoyable time.
In relation to the burger I am assuming it was overcooked when you say it was dry and not cooked very well. I would like to apologise for this. We are constantly working on all aspects of our menu to ensure we continue to improve where we can. I have brought this back to our Head Chef who assures me that this will not be the case in future. The Beef and Guinness Pie again I would like to apologise for the fact this was not to your taste however I can assure you the meat used in our pies is of an excellent standard and all is sourced locally.
I would be delighted if perhaps you may like to contact me directly at arundelsbythepier@gmail.com to see if perhaps we can address the issues you have raised.
Kindest regards,
Fiona Arundel

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is a lovely location by the seaside restaurant. It is too busy weekends and sunny evenings for the present staff who are overwhelmed by diners. Weekends are simply too busy for staff and chef so there is a desperate need to employ capable waiting employees. Reservations are
needed but they need to be aware of those with reservations to be served. Very crowded bar to wade thru to inform staff that those with reservations have arrived on time. Weekends can be
chaotic in the bar and "chef leaves at 9 pm" so one must be in dining room, and
have ordered dinner , Food is average but also can be erratic if a very busy evening.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Dined here on a Saturday night in June 2014. Fabulous setting with amazing views. Restaurant was busy and it was obvious that staff were under pressure. Service was fast if somewhat frantic. Food was edible but not memorable. Overall lacked finesse in presentation and service.