“Fantastic”
Review of Bantry House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bantry
Bantry House B&B
Ranked #2 of 26 Bantry B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 September 2009

I booked Bantry House as a romantic treat for my husband during a tour of Ireland earlier this year. It wasn't cheap, naturally, but it totally fulfilled the adage that 'you get what you pay for'. It was the best nights accomodation we have ever had, and totally worth the expense. From the moment we pulled up in the private area reserved for overnight guests, after a long driveway, we were made to feel like visiting royalty. The owner of the house greeted us personally and carried our luggage up to our room in the East wing. The room was utterly beautiful, with windows overlooking the garden and bay. A visit to the main house was included in the price, and the use of a private door to get into the house truly made us feel like guests. When we went into the lobby of the main house, the staff member responsible for taking the entrance fees must have realised we were guests, as they shook our hand and welcomed us to the house. There was a lovely private sitting room and full size snooker table for the guests to enjoy, where we sat in the evening. There were a selection of drinks on offer, which one served oneself and wrote on a tally for billing purposes. How many places show such trust in their guests nowadays?? There was also a real fire lit, and I spent a truly blissful hour sipping my G & T in the armchair whilst perusing a complementary magazine before dinner. It was too early in the season for dinner at the house, alas, but the owner himself booked us a table at a local restaurant.
What can I say about breakfast the next morning?? It was in a league of its own, above and beyond anything we have had elsewhere. The 'Earl', (owner), assisted in serving us himself, and the choice and quality were exceptional. The honey on offer was still on the honeycomb, it was that fresh! To top it all off, the owner shook our hand on our departure.
I have stayed in some quality hotels in the past, including Raffles in Singapore, but none compared to Bantry House. I cannot believe that better service exists than we experienced here. It was utterly personal, professional and efficient.
My husband and I will definitely be returning here. At some point in the future, we are planning on revewing our wedding vows, and I wouldn't consider doing it anywhere other than here now. We have been totally spoilt.
I cannot praise Bantry House highly enough. It's taken me four months to get around to writing this review, yet I remember every detail, it was so special.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Longbourne
There are newer reviews for Bantry House B&B

Reviewed 19 September 2009

We wanted to marry in Ireland...after months of online research, Bantry House was our choice. The house, guestrooms and gardens were so much more than we had imagined...absolutely beautiful! Our room was very comfortable, very clean and large. The staff and events coordinator made us feel so welcome, and so much at home. They were attentive, thoughtful, and truly sincere in helping us make our wedding day and our three-day stay everything we hoped it would be! My husband and I would return in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2009

A few members of my family and my spouse went on a one week vacation covering several areas in Ireland. Our plan was to renew our vows for a milestone anniversary. I didn't want to go through the stress and money of planning a major event since there were just a few of us. I read about the Bantry House in a travel book and e-mailed them. They took care of all of the details for my vow renewal including pictures, clergy, and flowers for an extremely reasonable price and for little effort on my part it turned out better than my original wedding! Everything about our two night stay there and vow renewal was perfect. I highly recommend getting married in the garden while the sun is setting and the climb up the steps is worth it for pictures even in your wedding dress!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank joel225
Reviewed 19 June 2009

We stayed here for two nights on our honeymoon in the honeymoon suite, and absolutely LOVED it! We have never experienced such charming hospitality. The room was huge and beautiful with a stunning view of the bay and luxurious window seats. The bathroom was quite spacious as well, and very clean and well-kept. We also recieved a plate of fudge, strawberries, and rose petals as well as a vase of roses from the gardens. The house was beautiful to tour and the gardens were even more breathtaking. Plus, the tea/coffee house located in the house was just darling and served delicious food for lunch. We were a ten minute walk from town and were able to eat some more delicious food and do some shopping at our leisure. All in all, a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lady_bookwyrm
Fifitrixabelle, Manager at Bantry House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Bantry House. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2009

I spent several years planning and replanning our Ireland trip so I can't remeber exactly why I was drawn to Bantry House, but I knew I had to visit. A bit out of the way perhaps of the regular tourist route but more than worth it. Our room was the best of our trip the view of the bay amazing. The bed the most comfortable and I need to find out about the sheets, really incredible. The gardens are unbelievable as is the house tour. We were taken in hand oupon our arrival with a suggestion for dinner at O'Conners and they made reservations for us. What a wonderful night, a lovely stroll around the grounds, walk into town, great dinner, lovely wine, a stroll home too tired to make use of the public rooms for guests like the bar and billards room and the cozy rooms with fireplaces which were lighted for us to enjoy. This is an absolute gem and we hope to return soon! I can only imagine what it must be like in season with the concerts on. For us though it was incredible off season where you can dream its all yours!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RCFNewEngland
Bantryhouse, Administrator at Bantry House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2009

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Bantry House. Your kind comments are very much appreciated. We aim to make every guests stay a pleasure and something to remember for a long time. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2008

It's not cheap, but you get value for money in my opinion.

The staff are super-polite and helpful, ensuring that no aspect of the lounge area, snooker room, bar, or your own room is left uncovered. The room itself was very well decorated in a classical style and was temperature-controlled by a wall-mounted unit. The main bedroom was very spacious, indeed almost looked like a mini-suite with somfy chairs and a drinks cabinet included. The bathroom was very well-appointed if a tad on the small side...

Breakfast was amazing, with our own table waiting for us when we arrived in the breakfast room. Freshly squeezed OJ was waiting for us on the table, and the selection of cereals was extensive. A comb of honey was just one example of stunning attention to detail in this area, and on the other side of the room, the fresh fruit, prunes, grapefruit again called us over to sample ...

The full Irish breakfast was tasty, filling and just perfectly cooked.

As we checked-out the receptionist Cathy made us feel like we had made a new friend, such was her exceptional customer service and friendliness.

We will be back.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank johnp68
Reviewed 22 September 2008

I was late arriving at Bantry House and the phone number I had was incorrect. Mr. White was so kind and gracious. I appreciated it, because I was frazzled by that point.
After showing me to my room Mr. white made a reservation for me at O'Connells for dinner. The food was excellent and the service was top notch.
In the morning I was greeted with breakfast fit for a queen. I was the only person staying but the spread was a banquet. Not only were there fruit salads and select fresh fruits, cheeses and breads, but then I was presented with a menu.
The day was gray and gloomy with a downpour so I didn't get to spend much time in the garden, but made up for it in touring the house. It is a self-guided tour with a notebook that points out highlights of the house. The tapestries and paintings are amazing. The dining room is breathtaking.
I believe the expense was warranted. The guest rooms are simple and elegant. Even though it is a stately home, there is a sense of comfort and welcome. It does not feel as though one should look but not touch.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank Flutterbyfly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bantry
Maritime Hotel
#2 of 3 in Glengarriff
Glengarriff Park Hotel
Glengarriff Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Glengarriff

Been to Bantry House B&B? Share your experiences!