“Love staying there” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 26 Bantry B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Love staying there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Staff excellent and could not be more accommodation. Food very good and of high standard. Accommodation clean. Accommodation very conveniently located to Bantry and Glengarriff. Will definetly be back. They also run a courtesy bus which is an excellent service.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

Lovely little B and B. The rooms were very clean and had a bathroom ensuite. The staff were really friendly, and I will definitely go back next time I'm in West Cork. Definitely five stars for a
B and B. Lovely pub too and a great little beer garden.

Definitely coming back!

Room Tip: Go for one of the ensuite ones. Fantastic rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hugekebab
Liam M, Owner at The Bridge House, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
I am very pleased you were so happy with your stay and look forward to meeting you again in the future, many thanks
Landsberg am Lech, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

As we had been in another Bed & Breakfast within an pub sometime before in Quilty, we didn´t expect much warmth and personal atmosphere in a B&B which is located inside a pub-house. But we were extremely positively surprised! The room and bathroom were very clean and cosy and of reasonable price, we were welcomed with some fresh tea, and even our bicycles became an extra spot to "sleep" outside in a little garage.
For our dinner the pub-owner fulfilled our special wishes, told us something about the different breweries and about Ireland and switched on the weather-forecast on TV extraly for us! We slept very well in the comfortable beds and got a wonderful Irish breakfast even with pudding an beans!
The couple who runs this B&B and Pub is one of the friendliest people we met in Ireland!
Thank you for your support and company!
Karin & Christian

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear side of the house!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Karin R
Liam M, Owner at The Bridge House, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Many thanks for your kind comments. It was a pleasure to meet you, we hope to see you again if you return to Ireland.
Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

I just stayed in Bantry for 2 weeks holidays ;-) ;-) ;-) Because I was not happy with my hotel stay I was advised by one of the locals to stay in the Bridge House for the second week and I booked it, Bearing in mind that I dont usually like staying in B & B's I was amazed at how superb my stay here was. On arrival I was shown to my room which was like an apartment, it had a beautiful ensuite bathroom with a fab shower. The room was spacious and and was spotlessly clean.
There was tea and coffee making facilities, (nescafe gold Blend) Mineral water, TV,The staff were so personable and friendly and really went out of there way to make my stay so so enjoyable.
The food was divine there I ate there 4 times in the week and I usually dont eat in the same place twice on holiday but it was just sooo divine.
They also have a Bar there and its the type of Bar that is inviting and after entering you are welcomed and looked after which is great as I was there alone and certainly didnt feel that way even the locals were welcoming and chatted to me in the evenings there.
The proprieters were so nice and helpful and definitely offered a Bord Failte Welcome.
I would highly reccomend this Place to anyone who is looking for accomadation in Bantry/ Balylickey/ Glengarriff area as for me it was The Perfect Stay I loved it and will definitely be returning there soon ;-)

Room Tip: All the rooms are Spacious clean and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Serendipity021
Liam M, Owner at The Bridge House, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Thank you for your very kind review, we look forward to your return visit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bantry
Westlodge Hotel
#1 of 4 in Ballylickey
Doire Liath
Doire Liath
#12 of 26 in Bantry

Been to The Bridge House? Share your experiences!