“Amazing!”

Maritime Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bantry
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed for a family wedding and boy, was I surprised! I didnt have any expectations as I was too busy thinking about the wedding, however, I was amazed at how beautiful this hotel was. The staff were lovely and accommodating. The room was fabulous, I genuinely thought we must have been given the best room in the place it was that amazing! Huge, spacious room with all the mod-cons, lovely giant shower and the bed was to die for! I wish I had booked an extra night! The food was out of this world! The breakfast the next morning was the best I've ever had! Such a great choice of specials, as well as continental and hot foods.
Was genuinely gutted to be checking out of this place, cant wait to return!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear kellyireland

I guess we hit your "Wow!" requirements. Thanks for the great review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us. I and all the team here were delighted with such a high rating. I hope that on your return visits we will be just as good and you will enjoy as much.

Kind regards & Thanks

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

We went to visit the hotel over the bank holiday weekend. We were a group of 6 adults celebrating our patents anniversary. The staff very very friendly and helpful. The food was excellent good choice for breakfast, slightly more limited choice on the set meal of an evening but still enough for all of us to try different food in both nights.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. The lighting throughout the hotel and restaurant is very low which was very difficult for my father who has poor eye sight. There had been some flooding issues and the dehumidifier in the corridor was working overtime!

It was a busy weekend in the hotel with lots of families with young children. In the mornings these children were very disruptive, I appreciate that this is not the hotels fault but it may be worth thinking where rooms are allocated particularly to groups with no children!

Overall a very nice hotel, excellent value and we would visit again.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank ClaraS14

Dear ClaraS14

Thank you for your kind and honest review recently posted on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and saying that you would return is a great boost for us.

I accept your comments regarding the lighting and we are improving the type of energy saving lighting as the are replaced. As one of the earliest "Green Hotels" we invested in low energy bulbs at the beginning but the quality of light from these was not as good as today's ones.

With regard to room allocations I appreciate your points and will raise them with the reception staff for future consideration.

I was particularly pleased with your final comments regarding value as we do aim to please.

Thanks once again

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed there last weekend. Very busy, good atmosphere. Great hotel for any occasion. Friendly staff and good service. Good value also. The only complaint I would have is that there was a very poor cold water supply in the taps, Well done though

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear 178gerry

Thank you for your kind Tripadvisor review regarding your recent stay with us at the Maritime. "Friendly staff, good service & good value" what can I say. Concise but great and I will be passing it to all the team here. We are working on getting a better flow in the water and should have issues resolved over the winter period.

Thanks again

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Lovely hotel. Staff can't do enough for you. All ages catered for. Rooms spacious and bright and had a balcony which was a lovely bonus. Breakfast to suit all tastes and bar food was excellent.
One little gripe - no enough signage to find rooms, lifts have to be changed to get from one floor to another and it would help if stairs option was marked more clearly. Otherwise the perfect location for a break.

Dear Breffni054

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us at the Maritime. I am delighted with your comments particularly with reference to the team and how they were so good. I totally understand the confusion with the room access and will look at getting more signage for them.

Again my thanks and I will pass your comments to the team here also.

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights Sun to Tues.Check in very quick, you can access your suite from the hotel car park.Rooms very comfortable, we had a balcony overlooking the bay.Food excellent, two specials every morning for example kippers or cream cheese bagal with bacon on our first morning along with the regular Full Irish, porridge and pancakes.Loads to do during the day we drove to Sheeps Head it was very beautiful scenery everywhere really lovely.Bar food in hotel very good , big portions.Overall very happy with this hotel...not exactly lap of luxury but very comfortable..staff excellent and great value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Aileen S
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Aileen S

Thank you for the kind Tripadvisor review you posted recently about your stay. Good Food, Good Staff great exploring we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay! I will be passing on your comments to the team here and I am sure they will be as pleased.

Thanks once again

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Went to the maritime for a family wedding and it was fantastic. The staff were very professional helpful and curtious, the food was amazing and well prepared. The rooms were absolutely exceptional very modern and extremely clean. I would highly recommend the maritime hotel to anyone looking for a wedding venue of simply some where to stay on holiday

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Martina O

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us for a family wedding. I am so pleased with this as we put such an effort into making the wedding experience one to remember for everyone, it is nice to get it acknowledged! The team here will be as pleased with your review as I am and I will be passing it out to them.

Again my thanks

Reviewed 26 October 2013

booked to stay in the martime hotel on the 18th october through hotels.com (NEVER AGAIN using Hotels.com -long story short -the hotel had no record of the booking and hotels.com started passing the book to expedia and vice versa so we were treated as a drop in on arrival through no fault of the hotel)

after resolving the problem with the booking there was still vacancies, so we booked a 1 bed suite, the reception staff were friendly and caring and beyond their duties to rectify the situation( even though it wasnt their fault),
We were given room 424 overlooking the lovely bantry bay , the suite was spacious and clean with lovely decor. We went for a meal that night to unwind and have to say the food was out of this world and all the staff were friendly and warm.

Overall, my self and my boyfriend had a great stay in the hotel, will defo be back in the near future and will highly recommend it to friends and family looking for a lovely relaxing getaway.

Room Tip: if booking a suite - room 424 is brilliant for overlooking the bay.