“Very very good!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bantry
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Very very good!!!!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed there at the start of january. It was great expirience. Very nice room. Beautiful interior. Air con in room that you can set any temp you want. Had meal in restaurant and the service was the best we had ever come across. Other hotels should learn!!! Meal was very tasty. Over all it was fantastic stay. Thank you.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rimantas R
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Rimantas R

Thank you for your very kind review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us at the Maritime Hotel. All your comments are a joy to hear and I will be passing them out to the team here who I know will be as pleased as I am. Hope to see you back in the not too distand future.

Thanks once again

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
galway
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Nice clean, and good location. Hotel itself is very dark inside with dim lighting. Brash and celtic tiger looking decor. Window catches in our room barely closed the window properly, with a lot of traffic noise coming into the room. Breakfast was great. Car parking underground is a bit bizarre with a very tight entrance. Otherwise good value for money. Staff in restaurant super helpful and nice.

Dear inmet

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review on your recent stay with us. We are working on the lighting which is a result of the Green status of the hotel. As the bulbs go now we install the newer versions with a better quality of light.

I was particularly pleased with your comments on the team here and the value you received. I will be passing your review to all the team and I am suire they will be pleased too.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed in The Maritime Hotel this weekend and never wanted to leave.The staff are so lovely (they'd stop and talk to you in the corridors for no particular reason), the food great, the atmosphere relaxing and welcoming, the rooms spacious, the leisure centre top class and if I could model my house on the hotel decor -from the carpets to the cosy lounge areas to the colours- I honestly would. You really get value for money in this hotel, especially if you use the pool facilities. Gorgeous!

I've been several times but just keep on coming back for more! I was particularly impressed this time with the Bar Menu. I chose the Seafood Chowder in a blooming bread bowl which I had never seen before. Apart from the gorgeous presentation, it had more flavour and variety of seafood than any other chowder I've had and is the best value for money at around €6! I'm dying to get back for that alone!

If the Hotel Management happen to see this review, I wanted to write it on the comment card in the room but there's no pen in the room...quite possibly the only thing I would change about this hotel!

Room Tip: The suites on the top floor with the balconies are my favourite!
Dear Laura M

Thank you for your lovely Tripadvisor review on your recent stay with us at the Maritime Hotel. I am very pleased with nearly all your comments, by the way did you check the bureau drawer for the pen.....it should be there. I will be passing your comments on to the team here and I am sure they will be as pleased as I am and we look forward to you returning in the not too distant future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We often visit the Bantry area and I have stayed at the Maritime Hotel a number of times. It is extremely reasonably priced, the food is good (the buffet breakfast sets you up for the day), the rooms are very comfortable and the staff are very friendly and helpful. I was torn between giving 4 and 5 as an overall rating and ended up giving 4. My use of 5 is for something truly exceptional and I must confess that the Maritime comes close. I pondered why I have not given a rating of 5 and think it is possibly because the room was not that warm and the shower not very powerful. Boy am I hard to please!!!! I am probably being extremely harsh given that I have rated 7 of the 8 individual aspects as 5*!! I am looking forward to my next stay here.

1 Thank RobertJE
Dear RobertJE

Thank you for your very kind Tripadvisor review and you are not all that hard to please! Being the perfect 5 would be too hard to live up to and we will always have our little failings! I will be passing this to the team here and I am sure they will be as pleased as I am particularly that you are a return guest and that you will be back.

Again my thanks

Meath
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Had a brief overnight here, all staff met were very helpful and pleasant. Rooms very well maintained. Breakfast was very good. will be back longer next time. Good location in the town and for touring west cork. Very comfortable bed

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear hightower69

Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor review on your stay with us. I was delighted to note that your next stay would be longer as this probably says it all! I will be passing your comments to the team here and I am sure that they will be as pleased.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Just back from my brothers wedding in this hotel and I have to say it was perfect in every sense of the word. We stayed for three nights and throughout our whole stay we got impeccable service. Our two bed suite was perfect to share with my sisters family and housekeeping could not do enough to ensure our comfort. The wedding day went so well with all the staff treating my brother and sister in law like royalty and not only them but all the guests. The food was the best meal we've ever had at a wedding and the waiting staff couldn't feed you enough offering more vegetables etc throughout. Fionnbar was brilliant to the bridal party but also came around each table to ensure we all received enough food and were happy with our choices which was a lovely touch. My sister has three kids and they couldn't have been looked after better never a cross look or word from any staff member even when all the kids were running mad! Everyone has commented on how great the hotel, service, value for money and comfort of the entire stay was. I would highly recommend this hotel and will def be returning in the future. Thank you all for a great stay!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SineadDH
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear SineadDH

Thank you so much for your kind review on Tripadvisor. It was our pleasure to be part of your brother's big day and it is so good to see that we were so successful. We take pride in trying to make each guest feel a little special even the smaller ones, how could we get cross with them??

I will be passing your comments to the team here and I'm sure they will be as pleased as I am. Give our warm regards to all those who were with us and don't forget to make a return visit.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Just back from attending our sons wedding in this great hotel. The facilities and fantastic staff ensured that everything went smoothly from start to finish... The meal at the wedding was one of the best I've ever had, there was not one negative comment on any course. The bride and groom were treated like royalty and that filtered down to the entire party.. The town of Bantry is just beautiful , when our son said they were having ere wedding there we were a little surprised but after enjoying the hospitality and friendliness of everyone we met we now understand so well.... From reception to bar to maintenance and housekeeping, we did not encounter one bad staff member... Also having had a massage treatment the wedding eve,I can honestly say,though a small spa, it was definitely one of the best massages ever ! Thank you olive and Norma !!
I can't recommend this hotel and town strongly enough... Thank you all for helping to make our son and daughter in laws day so magical .....

Room Tip: The two bedroom suites are ideal for a larger group
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank normah62
Dear normah62

Hello again from Bantry. Thank you for your Tripadvisor comment about your recent stay with us at the Maritime. I notice that we lost one point for location but I assume this was for the drive that you had to make to get here.

Thank you for your very kind comments rwegarding both the Food, it's service and the staff. I will be passing them on to the team here and I am sure that they will be as satisfied as I am.

I am delighted you enjoyed you stay so much and I hope that it will not take as long for a return visit.

Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bantry
Westlodge Hotel
Glengarriff Park Hotel
Glengarriff Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Glengarriff
Parknasilla Resort & Spa

Been to Maritime Hotel? Share your experiences!