Maritime Hotel
US$217
US$197
TripAdvisor
1,282 results
All reviewscar parklovely hotelocean restaurantthe penthouseleisure centrewest corkbed suitebantry baybar foodtop classbrick ovenbuffet stylewould highly recommend this hotelboth morningslast weekendlive musicevening meal
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed at the Maritime Hotel in Banty for a short break. The staff at the hotel were friendly and could not be of more help.The food was beautiful. We really enjoyed out stay and would recomend the hotel if you are staying in the region.

Room Tip: Dine in the restaurent at the hotel. The food was fabulous.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
MaritimeManager_12, Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Harrypattery

Thank you for your kind Tripadvisor review of your recent stay with us at the Maritime hotel. I was delighted with your comments especially regarding the staff being friendly and "could not be of more help!" I will be passing your comments on to the team and I am sure they will be as pleased as I am.

I trust that you might take your own advice and perchance return soon and stay with us again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We booked the suite, what a treat, went with our little baby, which was great as we spent alot of time in the room, so the baby slept in the sitting room section, and we could still enjoy the balcony with glasses of wine, it was so nice, we stayed an extra night! would highly recommend this hotel, and I am hoping to visit again very soon.
dinner was brilliant in the restaurant, lovely pool, and yummy breakfast! we did a day trip to garnish island, which was spectacular trip to a little gem....

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear travellinggal30

Thank you for your great review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us at the Maritime hotel. I can only agree with you from memory what the difference a suite makes when travelling with a child. The peace of mind and freedom to relax...... you will appreciate a bit more as the child grows and you have a separate television in your room on a rainy day while they watch cartoons and you can watch something a little more grown up.....

I was particularly pleased that you stayed the extra night and are planning a return trip as that really is the measure of us doing things right. I noted that you have visited Garnish well next time try Whiddy, or the Sheep's Head to Mizen or Goats Path....there really is a lot to see just ask some of the staff to recommend things to do!

Again my thanks

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel was lovely and located in the middle of the town. Staff were helpful and friendly. Room was v nice with a lovely balcony and breakfast was very good.

Negatives: Shower was difficult to operate and took a long time to get hot and the traffic noise from the road outside was pretty loud.

I requested late check out when booking the hotel room on booking.com but this query was not answered or brought up by any staff member. I forgot about my request until the following day when the cleaner came to clean room at 12. I phoned reception and they knew nothing about my request. Lady in reception advised the latest check out time was 1pm. I felt the hotel could have been a little more accommodating with this request as hotel didn't seem overly busy as it was early March.

Overall its a nice hotel in a good location and i would recommend it to others and i would stay here again myself in the future.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank seamussg

Dear seamussg

Thank you very much for your Tripadvisor review on your recent stay with us at the Maritime. I am delighted that your comments about our crew here being helpful and friendly and that you found the hotel lovely.

I was a bit disappointed that we did not pick up on your late check out request and apologize for same and I will be checking into how it was not on your reservation in order to ensure that this does not happen again. We can offer a later check out facility but we do have to charge for this as it incurs extra staff costs and this option should have been brought to your attention when you made your request.

My thanks again for your kind comments and I will be passing all your comments to the crew here.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel - it's a very nice place in a very nice town. There's a large underground carpark which is situated next to the the hotel - with direct access - a great idea when you arrive on a cold rainy night! Good spacious clean rooms and very nice bar with excellent attentive staff throughout. There was a bit of a wait for breakfast on the Sunday morning but it was no big deal - it looked as if all the guests arrived at the same time to the breakfast room. The breakfast itself was very good with a huge choice. The pool area is very pleasant and is a nice area within the hotel itself. We didn't have dinner there on this occasion but the last time it was really good . Looking forward to staying there again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear triplover2012

Thank you for your lovely Tripadvisor review. It is great to have repeat guests comment on their visits as you are the ones that can judge from a number of stays and if we are bringing you back we must be getting things fairly right.

I am delighted that in the main you enjoyed your stay and I'm sorry you might have had a little delay at the breakfast and we do run a traffic light warning system at weekends when most people tend to lie in so there is some warning that it might occur.

Your most important line to the team here was "I'm looking forward to returning" and so are we looking forward to having you back!

Kind regards

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

My two friends and I were down this weekend in Bantry for a course which we knew was going to be very tough.. So we decided to opt for a bit of luxury to get us through the weekend... We had heard that the Maritime would fulfill our needs! Unfortunately we were disappointed.

Firstly our room was nice but dark. We had a suite which was very spacious. However, we were suddenly woken at 3am by our television which independently turned itself on and repeated to do so every 20mins without fail for the remainder of the night. This did not lend itself to a good nights sleep.

Secondly the bed linen provided for the pull out couch was found to have a large dried vomit like stain on it.

Furthermore we were horrified when we went to get a glass of water from our room and what came out of the tap was an opaque berocca coloured substance. However when we informed a staff member about this he kindly delivered two chilled bottles of water to our room.

I'd like to start my next point by saying that we did arrive to the restaurant Without a reservation and they kindly accommodated us with a table. The service continued to be exemplary throughout and it was through no fault of their own that the food they had to serve was beyond disappointing. We were initially told that the duck starter and main were sold out. Then we were told there were 4 starters left.We ordered what was labelled as duck confit as starters and what we received was a sliced breast of duck ( presumably the main course sliced) which was cold. The main course was decent but was served with a potato gratin topped with cheddar which undoubtedly was gone off. We debated at the table whether it was gone off cheddar or whether it was a stronger cheese. We were told by staff that it was indeed cheddar. The malteser cheesecake was completely tasteless. On the upside the staff were absolutely lovely, the service was simply fantastic throughout the weekend and staff had no problems delivering extra glasses and drinks to our room at any time. They even accommodated our individual needs and let us eat our breakfast 15 mins prior to the normal time. But after paying almost €500
Euro for our weekend stay in the Maritime, we expected more bang for our buck.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends