“Lovely sunset from Atlantic Shores”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bantry
Atlantic Shore B & B
Ranked #5 of 26 Bantry B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 October 2012

This place was the only one we had not programmed into our trip. I made all my reservations for B and Bs for our 3 weeks in England and Ireland online from recommendations on Tripadvisor except this one. We had a townhouse rented in Kinsale for the week and were touring the area from there as our base. We had driven to Sheepshead from Kinsale the day before and found it a little taxing, so decided that to tour the Beare Peninsula the next day would be too much. We decided to get a B and B for the night either in Kenmare or Bantry. I got on my iPad on Tripadvisor and checked Bantry. The number one entry that came up was Maggie's Atlantic Shore so I emailed her for a reservation and she responded immediately. I am sure glad she did. I am listing the details that I check before making a reservation. I hope they are helpful to you.
Cleanliness: Very clean
Decor: Simple and pleasant
Space: Large room on ground floor facing the front with a large window
Bathroom: Ample size. All the necessary amenities
Shower: Good
Breakfast: Maggie prides herself with setting a beautiful table full of homemde jams and breads and full homecooked breakfasts on a family style table. Food very tasty. I was a little wary about the family style table, but it turned out to be very congenial. We were 8 guests, two from UK, four from Germany and us from the US. We had intended to leave early to maximize our day and ended up having a long breakfast. Very warm atmosphere.
Location: Good location for touring the Beare Peninsula or surrounding areas.
Ease of finding: We ended up having to stop and ask because the Atlantic Shores sign was in Gaelic
Price: Excellent for the price
Bed: Comfortable large bed
WiFi: Suggestion: Would be nice if the password was on a card placed in each room. Had to go to the guest lounge to get it and copy it down. Reception good.
Parking: There is parking right outside the front door for two cars and at the end of the front yard for many more.
Maggie is a joy, very warm and friendly. A fortunate last minute find!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bostonqueen
There are newer reviews for Atlantic Shore B & B

Reviewed 26 September 2012

Myself and my husband just got back from a brilliant trip around the Cork and Kerry coast. We took this trip without bothering to pre-book any accommodation and played it by ear. When we got to Bantry and asked around for a recommendation for B&B more than a few people recommended Atlantic Shore B&B. From the second we arrived we felt extremely welcome. Maggie showed us our double room and i swear to God, all i wanted to do was bounce on the giant bed!!! - sooo unbelievably inviting and the space in the room was amazing. The private bathroom had an enormous open shower, more like a wet room, which didnt in any way encroach on the actual 'ensuite' part. Slept like an absolute log. Then the breakfast - OMG!! Maggie must put everything in her cupboards out for you to choose from - no matter what you wanted - scones, preserves, fruit, yoghurt, breads, cereals etc and all this even before the freshly cooked full irish! - unbelievable level of service - yes, you sit at a communal table, but you are staying in a private house and just go with the flow - a general chit chat about your travels is lovely. - would absolutely recommend this B&B to anyone who visits Bantry, Ireland.
Thanks very much Maggie and family for all your hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We enjoyed staying in Maggies B&B. She is a warm person and she cares a lot about her guests.
The breakfast is simply awesome, the best we had in ireland. The rooms are nice and clean and we really loved the big table for breakfast. you get in touch with the other guests easily.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pati B
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Can you imagine a lovely, clean, friendly B & B in West cork, overlooking Bantry Bay? This is the place for you. The welcome from Maggie Doyle is exceptional. The rooms are clean and spacious and the beds are superb.It would be darned hard to improve on the breakfast, even in the finest restaurant. Wait until you see the table settings!! Fresh fruit, delicious home made scones, exceptional service, and a superb reception from Maggie. No one could ask for more. By all means, take the Priest's Leap Drive, Sheep's Head, Mizen Head, and Goat's Path Drives. I promise that you will be pleased that you did! In West Cork, stay here!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank caseyboys
Reviewed 30 August 2012 via mobile

My wife and stayed here our entire vacation back in 2003 and it was wonderful. The breakfast table that Maggie the owner sets out is absolutely brilliant. Located near the peninsula's offering the most beautiful coastlines I have ever seen and all within a days drive. My cousin Tim accompanied us on this trip but stayed elsewhere...he said he wished he had stayed at this B&B instead. We always planned to return to Ireland but something always came up. Sadly Tim passed away last june at the age of 50. My wife and I are no longer going to put the trip off...we are going back to Ireland soon and bringing her parents. Hopefully this B&B will have room for our next trip. Sincerely, Bob and Sharon Horvath.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank RHorvathcat4
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This was my second year to stay in Maggie's. I stayed with her for 8 nights and it was perfect as usual. I was given a double room - no extra charge, the brilliant white bath towel was replaced every day - I meant to tell her not to, but kept forgetting. On cold mornings the heated towel rail was on - such consideration in what passes for summer weather. The showers are terrific. Foreign tourists were so surpised and pleased with Maggie's breakfast Buffet feast that they photographed the table. I guess that introverted folk might find dining at one large table a bit offputting but it makes for interesting conversations with visitors from around the world Maggie has a lovely jolly laugh and tries to make everyone feel welcome - she's a real treasure. One would have to be very contrary to find anything to complain about - but there's always one - such people would find fault in Heaven. Great value in a spotlessly clean, quiet house- what more would you want?

Room Tip: The two different rooms I stayed in were excellent - I reckon all the bedrooms are as good.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Busybetty
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Friends who stayed here a couple of years ago recommended Maggie's place and we are thankful. This is the best B&B we ever stayed, from the outstanding bedroom linens to the spectacular breakfast. We were also addressed as 'dears' or 'darlings' by our delightful hostess, who also recommended sights and places to eat. We are sorry we never made it to the 'full Irish" part of the breakfast because both morning we filled up with scones and her delicious fruit preserves. They have WiFi and easy parking and it is a very nice neighbourhood to take a stroll in the evening.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple