“Personalised and professional”

Ranked #6 of 13 Cobh B&B and Inns
Munster
“Personalised and professional”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I was greeted by Deirdre at the entrance to a lovely period residence - overlooking Cobh Harbour - with a relaxed and wholesome vibe. Upon arrival I was seated in a reception room where I was offered a beverage of my choice. From the moment I arrived I was encapsulated by a sense of tranquillity. The candlelight throughout the house added to the feeling of calmness and serenity. Upon completing a short questionnaire I was accompanied to my treatment room by my therapist who made me feel instantly at ease. My treatment commenced with a foot soak followed by a body scrub. Following the scrub I enjoyed a luxurious soak in a warm bath. This was followed by a 1 hour massage which was tailored exactly to my liking. The exceptional personalised and friendly service make me feel special, and that’s the real secret of a fabulous treatment. I have been in the business for the last 13 years but for me the experience I enjoyed yesterday was truly personalised and professional, one of the best I have ever come across.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MunsterMags

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
Exeter
Reviewed 19 July 2012

What a place to stay. I have stayed at a lot of places in Ireland but this bets them all. I was amazed how welcoming, friendly and clean this place is. nothing was too much trouble. Unfortunately my husband and I were on a quick visit to see friends and did not have time to try some of the treatments, Next time August we will be back and have already planned some relaxing therapies. Well worth staying GREAT VALUE and Irish hospitality.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen A
Waterford
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I feel I have to share my experience during my recent visit to Robin Hill.. Being bridesmaid to my sister, I organised a pre wedding party for a group of six of us including the bride to be. This was purely to get away from the pre wedding stress and I'm glad to say, proved a huge success.
It was the most tranquil, relaxing and idyllic setting ever with a panoramic view overlooking Cork Harbour. We were greeted on arrival by the proprietor and ever so pleasant Deirdre Mackesy. Deirdre couldn't do enough for us. She has that personal touch that made our trip a one that we will certainly remember.

We arrived early morning as had booked in for spa treatments from early afternoon. We were escorted to our rooms without delay. Each guest room has an en suite bathroom, hairdryer and tv with tea/coffee making facilities. After settling in, we changed into our fluffy bathrobes and slippers to begin our treatments. Firstly, I opted for a Full Body Massage which was luxurious to say the least. I instantly unwound to the sound of tranquil music playing softly in the backround. My therapist was so professional. She couldn't have made thing more comfortable for me. After my massage, i I adjourned to the relaxation area where there is a wide selection of drinks, teas and juices available. The second treatment i chose was a 1Hr Aromatic Facial which was tailor made to suit my skin type. This was a truly wonderful experience which also incorporated a head massage. It left my skin glowing and super soft. My third and final treatment was a deluxe Manicure. In fact we all opted for a Manicure to ensure the hands would be in tip top condition for the wedding. It left my hands super soft, cuticles trimmed, nails filed and finally polished with a colour of my choice.

We were all so pleased with our treatments. That evening we went to a restaurant nearby that had a great buzz and served 5 star cuisine. This restaurant was recommended by Deirdre and was certainly one of my finer tastes of culinary delights. By 10.30pm we were all ready for our beds as we felt so relaxed the tiredness came upon us. We all had the best night sleep ever. Not a sound to be heard which ensured a peaceful nights sleep. We woke the following morning to breakfast being delivered to our rooms. It was just what the doctor ordered.

I would highly recommend a visit to Robin Hill as it was such a terrific place to go.I most certainly will be returning again. This time with my hubby as I feel he would thoroughly enjoy the rest and treatments which are available to both ladies and gents.

Well done to all at Robin Hill and I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Bellevue1Waterford
tipperary
Reviewed 25 October 2011

stayed in robin hill for one night b and b with a detox included, deirdre met us at the door with a huge welcome and coffee, them hubby and I went for our treatments, seaweed wrap then a bath and an hour long full body massage finishing with a foot spa, and smothie, the crap that came out of my feet was scary. we roamed around Cobh had dinner and had to make our way back as we were both shattered from our body massage, hubby in bed by 10. breakfast brought to our room in the morning, absolutely fab, this is not a fancy spa found in souless hotels,but a quiet space in an old presbrtry, with lovely staff and lovely dogs, a home from home, I could not recommend it enough

Room Tip: if more than three the chalet looks lovely
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tipptoptravel
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 4 September 2011

if your every feeling in need of a little time out with friends our with your partner you wont find a better place

Room Tip: rooms were just perfect
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank christineramsay
Craughwell, Ireland
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We stayed only one night but wished we stayed a week. Really relaxing and the service was top notch and our son who is only 22 months old had a ball, we will defently be back. Paul & Hayley, Galway

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank PMG1978
Lincoln, New Hampshire
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Every time I go on holidays I always browse through trip advisor to see what others thought of the place I intend staying at and I always tell myself that I will write my own review as soon as I return but I never do. Until now. Its only fair as I use trip advisor a lot and I need to contribute to it also. I only checked out of there yesterday morning and am currently in Killarney for a 2 nights stay. I had such a lovely 5 nights stay that I had to write a review. Plus I told the owner Deirdre that I would and I am a woman of my word. The reason I chose this place is because I have heard so many great things about Cobh from googling on the net that I had to see it for myself. And I wasnt disappointed. Cobh is a lovely town and its definately a place I will go back to. The guesthouse my husband and I stayed in at Robin Hill was very cosy. It had everything that we needed including a little decking area to sit out and enjoy a glass of wine in the evening. We were served Breakfast each morning which was very tasty but the hospitality that the owner showed us made us feel like we were staying at a 5* guesthouse. She simply could not do enough for us. We treated ourselves to a few treatments including a thai massage which was the most relaxing massage I have ever had.

I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for a place to stay that is value for money and that has the personal touch!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank gl0baltraveller2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobh
WatersEdge Hotel
The River Lee
#2 of 23 in Cork
Douglas
Maryborough Hotel & Spa

Been to Robin Hill Guesthouse? Share your experiences!