“One of the very Best B&B's in Ireland”
Review of Elmville House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cobh
Elmville House
Ranked #2 of 13 Cobh B&B and Inns
Bethany Beach, Delaware
“One of the very Best B&B's in Ireland”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The home was quite lovely and the proprietor even lovelier! Olive is such a warm and inviting host and her home is simply charming and beautiful! If you are visiting Cobh YOU MUST try to get a room in Olive's home. If you are visiting Cork stay in Cobh at Elmville House. You will not be disappointed. We are Irish Americans and stayed at a wonderful "castle" the night before in Wexford. Olive's home was even more grand and glorious.........At breakfast the fireplace was crackling. We entered the fantastic dining room to candlelight and music......I never wanted to leave! Olive is the BEST!

Room Tip: For fitness try a nice hike up to the church and enjoy the wonderful view of the harbor!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Prior Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My friends and I stayed with Olive for two nights and when we didn't have the cash to pay for our stay she offered to drive us into town (we didn't have a car) so we could get cash from the bank. She was also very helpful in pointing out what to see and where to eat in Cobh. I would highly recommend this B&B!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Olive and Elmville House set the bar high for B&B's. The home itself is grand and beautiful. Olive's attention to detail (candles and soothing music at breakfast!) is second to none and her hospitality is amazing. When we arrived too late to drop off our laundry at the launderette in town, Olive insisted on doing it for us! She is delightful, witty and a joy to talk to. On our last night at Elmville we were walking into the house and saw Olive and a friend in her kitchen and waved. When we got to our room Olive met us there and insisted that we join her and her friend for a glass of wine. We sat in front of the fire in Olive's sitting room and had the most wonderful conversation. We felt like family! Cobh is a beautiful spot to visit and Olive just makes it all the better. Don't miss out on this gem!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Fogelsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is a gorgeous mansion almost on the water. Easy to find, easy to park, walking distance from town center. On top of that Olive is a hoot! She knows what she has and she appreciates it. 'Gratitude is the Attitude' is just one of her sayings. A class act for sure.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Oh my dear Olive! I've decided I want to name my next child after her I love this woman so much :). My stay here at Elmville fulfilled all my hopes and was the most delightful, beautiful end to my trip to Ireland. She's sincere and spunky and truly enjoys opening up her lovely home. Really you feel like royalty and are treated as such. This woman is pure gold and I felt that we were instant best friends. She's so accomadating and interested in you having a terrific experience in her village. I really loved Dingle too, Cork not so much (at all!), and Cobh was one of my favorites. What a colorful, beautiful town with some of the best food and the Roaring Donkey pub was just an awesome atmosphere with trad music. We even saw Olive there :) and everyone in that pub knew her well! This town is the real Irish deal and I loved the church in the center too. Olive I love you dearly and will forever be grateful for our stay in your gorgeous home. Thanks so much for being you, and I DO plan on coming back with my family when all my kids are older :). I cherish that short time I had with you and in Cobh. This is the place!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Gipf-Oberfrick, Aargau, Switzerland
Reviewed 8 September 2013

It was very beautiful there...Olive is so beautiful...she love her job! you can see it...Her home look like a castel and you think you are a princesse...if I go return du Irland I will visite she again...Olive thank you for your host...I neever will forghet you...!!! big hug from Switzerland...Nadine

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet...the best place for relaxing...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Denver
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Our hostess, Olive, extends herself far beyond the norm. It is clear she has a passion for giving her guests the total Irish vacation experience. We slept comfortably and soundly as a cool breeze off the harbor flowed through the windows. Olive took us to a great pub for trad. music. She serves an abundant & delicious breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Hikesleepeat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobh
WatersEdge Hotel
Douglas
Maryborough Hotel & Spa
Jurys Inn Cork
#9 of 23 in Cork

Been to Elmville House? Share your experiences!