“lovely hotel in historic Cobh right on the quayside”
Review of WatersEdge Hotel

WatersEdge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cobh
Reviewed 20 May 2012

This hotel is right on the water. Staff are friendly. Our room was bright , cheerful and comfy with a wonderful sea view. Staff very friendly. Everything is in easy walking distance. Safe parking below the hotel. Food very good. We enjoyed dinner and breakfast there. Good selection for breakfast.Be sure to visit the old railway station next door that houses a fascinating display on famine, Titanic and Lusitano.

Room Tip: Ask for a waterfront room
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
watersedgeMGT, Director of Sales at WatersEdge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the WatersEdge Hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the staff here so friendly. We constantly strive to ensure the quality of our food is at its best so it is great that you mentioned this also.

If you should decide to visit Cobh again in the future I hope you think of us once more.

If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at info@watersedgehotel.ie or 021 4815566.

There are newer reviews for WatersEdge Hotel

Reviewed 18 May 2012

Great location. Friendly and helpful staff. Very good pub and restaurant.

Room Tip: I think all rooms face the harbor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the WatersEdge Hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

I stayed with my mum and two children age 7 and 9, we had a fantastic sea view room. The room was lovely, bright and spacious. It was spotless and modern with lovely furniture and very comfortable beds. All the hotel staff were so nice especially to the children. Breakfast was huge with a great selection. I would have no problem recommending this hotel to friends and family.
The one and only minus was that we had no toilet lid for toilet in our bathroom a small thing and easily fixed.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view romm
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the WatersEdge Hotel.

I am so pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and I am glad to hear our staff were so welcoming to you all. I have also seen to it that the one issue you raised was rectified as soon as the review was placed.

Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

Just home from 3 nights at the Watersedge Hotel in Cobh! Had a great time in a lovely spacious room. Had a great view of the sea and cobh heritage centre and there was a great buzz about the place especially when the cruise liners pulled in. The rooms were immaculate and were cleaned every day by efficient friendly staff! Would highly recommend the Watersedge Hotel. On the way home stopped in Angus Joe's in Naas what a find! Lovely food, efficiently served at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the WatersEdge Hotel.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel is certainly in a fantastic location to view the cruise ships pulling in to dock at the harbour. I was also delighted to read your compliments on the rooms - our Accommodation team are most certainly a credit to the hotel.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

My son & i stayed in the WatersEdge Hotel in Cobh for two nights during a tennis tournament. The location is amazing ..
On drawing apart the curtains i observed a little jetty with a boat moored at it. The sea was literally outside our window....
The room was well appointed with lovely comfortable beds & linen.
WiFi was available which was great and staff were friendly, courteous & efficient.
I will definitely return with he rest of my family.
Thanks.
Trish

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with a sea view - its breathtaking
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Trish O
watersedgeMGT, Director of Sales at WatersEdge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the WatersEdge Hotel.

I am so pleased you and your son enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this lovely hotel. The staff couldn't be friendlier or more helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. The room was very comfortable with great views of the harbour. The restaurant also had lovely views and the food was excellent!
We have recommended this hotel to our friends and family and we look forward to returning in the near future.

P & M Warren.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the WatersEdge Hotel.

I am so pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and your experience in Jacobs Ladder Restaurant.

Thank you also for recommending us to your friends and family; if you should decide to visit Cobh again in the future I hope you think of us once more.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Stayed here for one night for work over the Titanic commemoration week. The room was really lovely and bright, overlooking the harbour, so had a super view. Bed was wonderfully comfortable, bathroom spotless with a good shower. Staff in general were great, friendly and efficient. Breakfast the next morning was a bit haphazard. But it was a busy week and have a feeling one or two of the staff were new. Also, while the cooked breakfasts looked perfect, the buffet part could be a lot better. It may sound picky but half decent yogurts, good selection of fresh fruit, nice muesli etc would be a big improvement. Especially given the single occupancy rate for the night was €150 - obviously to do with the week that was in it. Again the restaurant is lovely and bright with gorgeous view.

Room Tip: If you're after a view - the harbour facing rooms. There is an underground carpark through an en...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Cassian

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the WatersEdge Hotel.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, but I am sorry that you did not feel our breakfast was up to standard. This may have been due to the level of business in the hotel, however I will nevertheless pass your comments to our team here to be taken on board for the future.

If you should decide to visit Cobh again in the future I hope you think of us once more and iIf I can be of any assistance in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me at info@watersedgehotel.ie or 021 4815566.

Sales & Marketing Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobh
Commodore Hotel
#3 of 4 in Cobh
Fota Island Resort
#1 of 1 in Fota Island
Centre
The River Lee
The River Lee
#2 of 23 in Cork

Been to WatersEdge Hotel? Share your experiences!