We spent one night here in April 2012. I had already spoken to them by phone from the states and they were wonderful and upon our arrival they were just as lovely. We were shown to our apartment rooms, which we got for a less than any hotel here in CT, because it was midweek and off season. We were actually there for the 100th Anniversary of the Titanic and I was so lucky to even get these great rooms.
Our rooms was very bright, open, spotless and spacious with a vaulted ceiling. Our patio doors opened up to the most GORGEOUS view of the harbor and the cathedral. Being a photographer I was very excited to be able to catch the cathedral all lit up at night from that angle. Waking up to the sparkling water of the harbor was just another plus. That's a view I could never get sick of. Beautiful!
As for the people talking about hills...well... EVERYTHING in Cobh is a hill! LOL! Unless you are on the main street waterfront, then you are on a hill! But it's still wonderful and only a short walk, about 3 minutes to the main waterfront street.
Kevin, the owner was wonderful, funny and accommodating. He let us leave our car at the hotel so that we could explore the town that day, even though we had officially checked out that morning.
Breakfast was simple and very good and out of all the places we visited in Ireland Cobh and Dingle were the two towns we wished we could have stayed more than one night. I love Cobh and this B&B was perfect! I would highly recommend this hotel.
By the way - if you do visit Cobh I suggest you hit the Roaring Donkey Pub up the hill from Bella Vista. It was so much fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just as its name indicates, the Bella Vista Hotel & Self Catering Suites offers a choice of accommodations: Whether you choose one of the traditional guest rooms or a more spacious apartment, you will be treated to excellent service and quality amenities.On the property are such world-class facilities as a gourmet restaurant with a lovely bar. complimentary WiFi Internet access and private parking also come standard at this holiday destination.These and other excellent perks are located in the heart of picture-perfect Cobh, County Cork. The peaceful harbor town is full of unique landmarks and acres of untouched majesty. The sights and sounds of the bustling town centre are a 3-minute walk away, and the residential street on which the hotel stands is tranquil. Here, guests are invited to let the cares of daily life slip away while they unwind in beauty and tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Bella Vista Hotel & Self Catering Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bella Vista Hotel And Self Catering Suites
- Bella Vista Hotel & Self Catering Cobh