“Return visit - Excellent Again .. Highly recommend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baltimore
Harbour View Apartments
Ranked #9 of 12 Baltimore B&B and Inns
Annalong, Co Down, N.Ireland
“Return visit - Excellent Again .. Highly recommend”
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We returned again to these lovely apartments mid Sept '11. We were not disappointed - once again, home from home. The apartments & gardens are very clean and well maintained. The location is excellent and very peaceful. Great value for money! We hope to return again some day.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank BURDY

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2011

I was very taken by the absolutely beautiful surroundings within which the accomodation was set - how could I not be, Baltimore is gorgeous. The accomodation itself was very clean and tidy, well appointed and secure. In fact I would have had a wonderful holiday had it not been for some difficulties with the management. Firstly I would like to point out that, based on the description that Harbourview appartments was pet friendly, I decided that this accomodation would be best to suit my family and friends' holiday needs. I very much found that 'pet friendly' was not much in evidence! For example, I was advised by the manageress that my dogs were not permitted to bark!( I have to say here that one of my two dogs is prone to making herself heard, but is certainly not allowed to carry on indefinitely, or without regard to others) There was also a disagreement between myself and the manager of the property, who accused me of allowing my dogs to chew the tips of the remote controls. Given that my 2 dogs are of medium to large build, if they had taken a fancy to those controls then chewing upon the edges would not have been on the menu! Further to that, they have never chewed on anything but their own toys from puppyhood - they are now 8 and 9 years of age! I totally understand that not all folk are 'pet people' - what I would expect is that the description of the service does not include 'pet friendly' as I would feel, in my experience, that it could be construed as misleading.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank ashleenbsavage
saz077, Owner at Harbour View Apartments, responded to this review, 29 April 2011
I wish to clarify our 'pet friendly' position. It is our policy to allow one small pet by prior arrangement and at the managers discretion. This is made fully aware to holidaymakers at the time of booking. As our accommodation is an apartment block we take full consideration of all our holidaymakers and therefore will address any excessive noise and / or any other disturbance.
Y Felinheli, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 December 2008

We booked this accommodation via the Imagine Ireland website.

The property, which includes 4 separate flats, is located within easy walking distance from the pretty but touristy centre of Baltimore. It has its own private parking complete with security gate! (presumably this is to prevent illegal parking as I can't imagine that car crime is a huge problem there!)

We had a ground floor flat which has a patio window overlooking the shared garden (with a couple of picnic tables) and the pretty Baltimore harbour. The property is of high quality and has new furniture and a new kitchen. When we stayed it was spotlessly clean.

We found Baltimore to be a good base for exploring the Mizen Head and Beara peninsulas and the rest of West Cork.

• Liked — Quality of accomodation and views
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 May 2007

My two older teens and I stayed in one of the four new Harbour View self-catering apartments, for a week in June, 2006. The entrance to the apartments had an electronic security gate, with keypad access, though I don't know why they'd need such security in tiny Baltimore! The very cordial young couple, who built the place, live right next door. We only saw them when we checked in, and the morning we checked out.

Our two bedroom apartment was large, nicely decorated, extremely clean, well equipped, had a great kitchen, and was reasonably priced for the week long stay. There was also a separate laundry room, with no charge to use the washers and dryers.

We had a gorgeous view of the harbour and an old church, from the wide, arch windowed doors leading out from the living room to the terrace. The stone terrace had patio tables and chairs, and a large lawn; all privately enclosed by stone walls (expect the part with the view of the harbour). The walk to the pubs was less than 5 minutes. There isn't much to Baltimore; it's a tiny cluster of homes and pubs, a dead end to the road leading out of Skibbereen - literally at the southern tip of Ireland. We spent a lot of time out of the apartment, touring the area; Skibbereen, Glengariff, Kenmare, and Killarney. I wished we'd had more time to just hang out in Baltimore & relax on the terrace, enjoying the beautiful view.

Each day we'd know at exactly what time the fishing boats were coming into harbour with their catch, because we heard the sounds of the seagulls crying and swooping madly overhead, as they followed the boats to the docks, to scavenge for their dinner.

With the arched doors open to the harbour, and the nice touch of a half-door at the back of the kitchen, we had wonderful sea breezes throughout the apartment. It was so peaceful and lovely to go to bed with the windows open wide, and the sounds of the sea breezes lulling us to sleep. At night the clear skies were entrancing, filled with shooting stars and easily seen constellations. We never get a view like that from our smog shrouded skies at home.

I'd been dead-set on staying in a cottage with a view of the water, but I was more than pleased with the accommodation we found at Harbour View.

• Liked — The view & sea breezes.
  • Disliked — Not a thing, except not being able to live there forever!
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank Lynmaire
Annalong, Co Down, N.Ireland
Reviewed 25 December 2006

Check out website http://www.harbourapartments.com/

We stayed here for Easter 2006, 3 adults and 2 children aged 5. The apartments were really clean, had all the essentials required and more, the kitchen even had a dishwasher.

There was an open fire in the lounge area, with wood provided should you need to get warm. But the apartments have oil fired central heating also.

Deco lovely, external utility room with unlimited free use of washing machines and tumble dryers, meant I went home with a suitcase of clean clothes.

External garden area was really big (check out the website above) and the kids enjoyed playing ball - it is really safe as is enclosed by lovely wall, so kids cannot escape!

Private parking was provided with security gates to rear of entrance.

The village of Baltimore is very picturesque and the location of these apartments are very central. I will definately be back again year after year.

• Liked — Location, Cleanliness & Comfort
  • Disliked — Nothing - everything was good!
  • Tips/Secrets — IF you need anything during your stay you can contact person who will come to your aid immediately!
  • Stayed March 2006, travelled with family