“Enjoyed stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Castlemartyr
Cork, Ireland
“Enjoyed stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed in the Castlemartyr Resort recently. The drive into the grounds of the resort were indeed fab. I have stayed in similar hotels in Ireland and found this for beauty to be the best. Do take a walk around the grounds, nice outside for a drink or cup of coffee.

Stayed in a junior suite, very spacious. All very nice at reception, couldn't be more helpful. Had a meal in the Italian restaurant which was outstanding. The bar, later on, was quiet but that wouldn't upset me too much as sometimes it nice to be able to talk and relax. If you're into golf then it's right on the doorstep.Take the short walk into the village for a quiet drink at any of the local bars.

There is so much to do nearby too. Visits a must to Shanagarry, Garryvoe, Ballycotton and Youghal. Fishing off the pier in Ballycotton when growing up was always great. Worth a stay, check it out.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gregorym974
GMCastlemartyr, General Manager at Castlemartyr Resort, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Gregory M
Thanks for the wonderful review, I am so happy that we made you feel so welcome and you left Castlemartyr feeling relaxed and refreshed. I too grew up in the area, you are right we are absolutley spoiled for choice, hope you got to go to the newly opened Ballycotton Lighthouse Tours.
See you soon in Castlemartyr hopefully.
Warmest regards
Cathal and all the team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Greek first
San Francisco
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed at the CastleMartyr recently. Grounds and main building are beautiful. The rooms are very nice and huge in size with lovely beds. We had a lot of service issues when we there - both in the bar and restaurants, which for me really made it feel like it wasn't a 5 star hotel. Something about the place just doesn't feel right - it feels like it's passed it's prime, which is a pity. I have to say that the management team there were very nice to us after we provided some feedback to them on our departure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank _jd1973
Dear _jd1973,
I am sorry that the Resort did not live up to your expectations this tome around, I am delighted that the rooms and the grounds and the hotel were still a shining example.
Thanks for the review
Cathal and all the Team
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I recently stayed with my daughter and I must say it was like we just stepped off the world for 24 hours. The location is great and the grounds are so peaceful. The rooms are very specious and the beds are so comfortable you wont want to get up in the morning.
We also had dinner at Franchini's and it too was excellent the food is amazing with service to match. It is also a lovely touch to allow the guests to take Earl & Countess the Hotels dogs for a walk.
I will defiantly be returning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank murph_332000
Dear murph_33200
I am delighted that we ticked so many boxesfor you during your recent stay here, Please contact me directly if you are ever in the area! I would be delighted to see you return to us.
Warm regards
Cathal and all the Team
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Having stayed in this hotel before we booked in for another short stay recently. We have always found the hotel to be well run and spotlessly clean on our previous stays there. But our first impression on this visit was a shock to the system, The rug in the hallway was filthy also a
smell in the mens toilet,The furniture was stained in various places in the hotel also our room had stains on the carpet. In my opinion this hotel cannot be labelled a 5 star resort.as its in need of a total refurbishment. We will not be returning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank r00mance
Dear r00mance,

I am sorry that the Hotel was not up to our normal standards on the day you visited. I would love the opportunity to discuss with you further.
Many thanks
Cathal
Midleton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Just had an outstanding meal in the excellent Franchini's. Excellent food, great value and friendly staff. I would strongly recommend this restaurant for an occasion or just a meal for two. A little gem definitely will be back.

• Stayed July 2014
GMCastlemartyr, General Manager at Castlemartyr Resort, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear trevortshine,
It was lovely to meet you in Franchinis, thanks for the wonderful review, I was thrilled to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay and meal with us, thanks for being such a loyal repeat customer!
Regards
Cathal
Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I went here with one of my friends it was absolutely amazing.. The rooms are huge, the bed € pillows are the soo comfy it was like sleeping on a cloud!! The breakfast was very nice and filling. The spa treatments were very nice overall a well recommended trip.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Ainey,

Thanks for the cloudbursting review! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay so much, keep an eye out on facebook for our latest offers, I hope to see you all return soon.
Regards
Cathal and Team Castlemartyr!
Mullingar, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband booked here as a treat for my birthday and it did not disappoint! Amazing place.
I cannot fault anything.
From arrival the hotel staff were greeting us and taking our bags as we approached the hotel. Check in was very efficient and friendly. We stayed in a suite in the manor house, the room was beautiful with lovely views. Also had champers and strawberries in the room which was a nice surprise from the hubby.
The spa is lovely, we has a couples massage which was superb and then used the sauna etc. there is a separate male/ female hydrotherapy pool, sauna and steam room.
Dinner in the bell tower restaurant was superb, lovely window seat overlooking the stunning gardens, the scallops and steak were wonderful. Service was faultless. The knights bar is very impressive, we played board games in the lounge which was very chilled out.
In the morning we took the beautiful irish setters Duchess and Earl who are hotel residents for a walk in the estate grounds, or rather they took us!
We then took the hour horse and cart ride, the cart is led by Kerry bog ponies Bill and Ben, they look small and dainty but have some power, the tour is really interesting and great fun.
An amazing overnight break, highly recommended. A true fairy tale hotel, would love to live there!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Janine W
GMCastlemartyr, General Manager at Castlemartyr Resort, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Janine W,

You have captured Castlemartyr in a beautiful "moment in time" as I like to call it. Your experience here is one that I endeavour to create for all our guests here at the resort. I am so happy that your experience here was one you will not forget. Remember fairy tales are no good without Princes and Princesses! All the best and see you soon in our Castle!

Cathal and the Team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castlemartyr
Fota Island Resort
Garryvoe Hotel
#1 of 1 in Garryvoe
Midleton Park Hotel
#1 of 2 in Midleton

Been to Castlemartyr Resort? Share your experiences!