“Great accommodation”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Castlemartyr
Lodges And Mews Houses
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Castlemartyr
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We recently stayed in a townhouse for a week with our 2 year old daughter. The townhouses were fantastic and great value for money. The houses are all open plan with minimalistic decor however they have all of the facilities that you need to feel at home. We had a 2 bedroom house both rooms were en suite. The kitchen is fully equipped it even had a dishwasher and washing machine. There was a big open space at the back of the house for our daughter to run around and the complex also has a little park with swings and a slide. I would definitely recommend the townhouses as a base if you are travelling around southern Ireland.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank GemsieG

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights when attending a recent wedding. The lodges are uber-modern. Perfect location and beautiful environs. Highly recommended and excellent value for money as well. You also have full use of the gym and leisure centre facilities.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank paddytrippin
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My young family and I spent 3 nights in a two bed mews. The houses are good enough size but from one of our walks around the hotel grounds are not as big as the Lodges. The Mews are closer to walk into the village of Castlemartyr but the Lodges look more modern and have nice grass grounds for kids to play on and a small playground. There is lovely wooded walks and gardens that were walked around. We also used the pool in the hotel which was lovely. The Mews were lovely, we received a hamper and bottle of wine on arrival. I also asked for stairs gates prior to arrival which were put in place as well as cots and highchairs. The staff in the hotel restaurant were very pleasant and there was a playarea for kids there too. However, the only fault was the shower was blocked and leaked then onto downstairs bathroom.

Room Tip: Mews nearer village but Lodges have more grass area and playground to entertain kids.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank grainhurley
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Arrived to find a bank holiday fare in full swing in the resort grounds. Obtained key of mews house at reception and was directed to the house. Approaching the little courtyard I began to wonder if I had made a mistake in booking this resort as the mews houses seemed to have been somewhat forgotten about when the main hotel building was spruced up. Masonry paint needed refreshing and areas had mould on the wall. The exterior of the wooden fronted apartments were suffering too as the area badly needed sanded down and re varnished. However... On entering the units we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of furnishings and fittings. One or two niggles mind, but overall very satisfying. The bedrooms too were of a reasonable standard and we settled in well. The welcome pack supplied was one of the best we've had and we enjoyed it immensely. Another nice touch was a visit from the Lodges Assistant manager Barry, he seem quite a helpful chap and asked us to contact him if we had any problems.
The resort grounds are a joy to walk, there are ancient castle remains, formal gardens and a beautiful wetland inlet with forestry and abundant wildlife. The hotel is nicely furnished in period style, though food and drink are on the expensive side. The Spa area is good too, but pricey, a swim however is free for residents. I enjoyed my stay and would not hesitate to return, but I would expect the management to put a little more investment in sprucing up the frontage of the mews houses.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2013

5 stars all the way. This is our second visit to Castlemartyr but our first to the lodges.
Everything from our booking with Natural Retreats to our arrival and dealing with Gareth the lodge Manager was seamless. The lodges are really spacious and luxurious and the estate has lots of activities for children - beautiful walks, lovely playground and play room ( our 2 year old daughter was in her element) and a fantastic pool. Lots to do in the area - fota wildlife park, garryvoe beach, Shanagarry ( and the famous Ballymolloe house ) to name but a few.
I cannot wait for my next visit.
Thanks again Gareth for the helpful service.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Limekiln
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Stayed in one of the 2 bed lodges for a week at Easter. The lodges are very nice. Lovely welcome basket on arrival. The facilities in the hotel were very good. The pool is fantastic, along with the gym and thermal suite. My wife enjoyed a treatment in the spa. We had a 2 and a half year old with us and were provided with a travel cot in the lodge. There is a great playroom in the hotel which was used a lot. There is a great small playground beside the lodges. All in all I would recommend the lodges and the resort. The only issue I had was with the wifi signal in the lodge, it's abysmal. I raised the issue with Gareth the manager, and he said the lodges were all full and so that would affect the speed of the connection. After the weekend when some people left the wifi did improve but only slightly, and still not up to an adequate level. There is no 3G signal in the lodges so the wifi connection is important if you need access to he Internet, work, streaming cartoons from Netflix for a toddler, etc. I have seen other comments along these lines so this is no surprise to natural retreats. This is the only negative I had and the only reason I haven't given a 5 star review. So natural retreats, please fix the wifi as I want to come back.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Very_Last_Minute71
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We rented 3 of the lodges and were horrified to find they were seriously sub-standard, broken chairs, unpainted ceiling repairs, TV not working, Toilet seat broken, wooden floor destroyed by a previous leak, broken kitchen presses - nothing like the photos. I intend to advise Bord Failte. On top of this the hotel did not have the kids club running because "we didn't arrange our dates yet this summer, it might be on in August" and the staff couldn't accomodate putting 2 tables together to make a table for 2 adults and 2 kids for breakfast. You have to bring your own towns to the gym/pool but hotel guests dont.

Basically not a place for a family, and falls well short of the 5 star luxury that's quoted.

My advice - avoid!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank IrelandK

Been to Lodges And Mews Houses? Share your experiences!