“Perfection sums it up!”

Rookery Cottage Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Schull
Rookery Cottage Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Every aspect of our recent 4 day stay with Rita and John was perfect. The location is central yet quiet, there is good off street parking, the house is beautifully decorated and the bedroom very comfortable. There's a wide choice of breakfasts, which, are freshly cooked and excellent. Rita has a great eye for detail and is genuinely welcoming. Schull is a lovely town with good craft shops and plenty of pubs/restaurants. A good base to explore West Cork from. We'll be back.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Just back from a night in Rookery Cottage and throughly enjoyed it. The room was spotless and comfy. Breakfast was amazing and there was plenty of choice there. The location was perfect only a few minutes walk from the main drag in Schull. Rita our host was exteremly friendly and helpful!. Would recomment it 100%

Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is my second time staying in this lovely guesthouse. The owner Rita makes you so welcome and the accommodation is spotless and so comfortable. Amazing breakfast choices from kippers to the house speciality chorizo and eggs. Great location and highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ken B
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Stayed here for the night. Greeted by the owner and made to feel very welcome. The room was great and we had a good nights sleep in the good sized double bed. We had an ensuite and the bathroom was a good size. Breakfast was from an extensive menu and really well prepared. Wifi worked well. Plenty of parking and easy walking distance to town. This is one of the best B&B we have stayed at and Rita the hostess makes you feel right at home.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

This is a beautiful B&B with lovely spacious bright rooms. The owner Rita gave us a warm welcome on our arrival and the breakfast was absolutely superb! Great location as well - would definitely recommend it to anyone staying in Schull.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We decided on the Rookery mainly because of the location ... It's right off the main street, but on a very quiet side street with lovely big gardens. Rita's welcome was warm ... Very friendly but also professional. I loved our room ... spacious, lots of light and fresh flowers. Breakfast in the sun room was a treat (with a menu of all the usual cooked options). I would recommend the Rookery to anyone looking for a B and B in Schull. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The place is nice, very clean but my experience of B & Bs is limited, I tend to stay in hotels. The location is decent. I am not sure what to make of the woman (and man) that runs the place. The woman made me feel I was putting her out by even preparing breakfast and even more so when I asked for a cooked one. The breakfast was mediocre at best. I wasn't made to feel welcome. There was an austere atmosphere to the place. If I am in Schull again I will be going to The Grove a much nicer and more relaxing place to stay, better located with better views and they do really nice food in the evenings at almost the same price. The people were friendlier and the place had a nice rustic charm to it. I would avoid here if you are younger than 50 years old.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Bronzefloor

Been to Rookery Cottage Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!