“Impeccable - I felt like I had stepped into a scene from Pride & Predjudice”

Mount Juliet Estate
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Thomastown
Tumbulgum, Australia
“Impeccable - I felt like I had stepped into a scene from Pride & Predjudice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed in the Rose Garden Cottages at Mount Juliet Estate for 2 nights and I can honestly say that in years to come, when reflecting on my life, the total experience at Mount Juliet is one that I will recall as being incredibly sumptuous in every aspect. The cottages are 2 bedroom, beautifully finished with all the mod-cons and the bathrooms (there are 2) were so beautifully presented and clean. The king beds are beyond comfortable - like being wrapped in a cloud. I felt like the lady of a country manor staying here. We dined in Kendall's on our first night, by the open fire. The ambience, service and food was spectacular. You know those nights when you don't want to leave because it's just so perfect? That was our night at Kendall's. Additionally, the President's Bar is cosy, welcoming and that perfect venue for an afternoon drink and snack. I was so upset to have to leave - I felt totally at home here. Worth every cent. Spoil yourself.

Room Tip: My mother and I stayed in Cottage 55 which is an upstairs 2 bedroom cottage overlooking the golf cou...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Eyeball09
MountJulietG M, General Manager at Mount Juliet Estate, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. It is a pleasure to read such comments and I am very pleased that you had such a wonderful time here. I trust you will have an equally enjoyable time on your next visit.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Just returned from a two night stay, we were made to feel very welcome and look forward to returning later in the year. With so many extra touches.
It was our wedding anniversary treat. We stayed in one of the lodges, which were great.
Had breakfast in the club house.
We booked our wedding anniversary dinner in kendals.
This was a real treat. We got two glasses of prosecco on arrival. Which was excellent extra touch.
Food great. I had the steak with the cafe de paris butter. Oh my god! Excellent!
Our waiter Michel was so funny. He couldnt do anything better.

The only negative, my wife went for manicure in the hotel spa, she wasnt happy at all. Thats not what you would expect from 5 star property.
No doubt we will be back and have recommended this to many friends and family.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anya1298
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review of your recent stay. I am very pleased that your enjoyed your anniversary stay with us. I will however, pass on your comments regarding the manicure to the Manager of the Spa. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you soon again at Mount Juliet.

Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed for a week in one of the Rose Garden Lodges.It helped that the weather was excellent.Don't play golf but did one of the golf walks which is much nicer than actually playing golf.Daily activities for the kids (7, 6 & 4) particularly golf, horse riding & gardening (which surprised me) & they loved the "Little Rascals" clubhouse.Very relaxed atmosphere.We dined in the Lady Helen twice-best meals I've ever had & staff are excellent.
Was offered lift back to our lodge after very long night in the bar even though it was a mere 400 or so yards from the main house.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Don't bother with dessert in the Lady Helen Restaurant.Get one of the Strawberry cocktails from...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Raymond G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your visit to Mount Juliet. It is a pleasure to read your comments and I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed the many amenities available here. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

What a wonderful retreat. The grounds kept us in awe. We enjoyed the horses at Bally Hinch stables we ate our breakfasts in the Lady Helen room, and the decor felt like a royal setting. Gorgeous architecture. Although we are not golfers we rode around the estate on bicycles. It was romantic and beautiful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sharon J
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to read your wonderful review of your recent visit and thank you for your kind comments. Hopefully I will get the opportunity to welcome you back to Mount Juliet again soon.

Offaly
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the 10k run weekend, and have been several times before. Overall the estate is superb, excellent facilities and staff.

The Lady Helen Michelin star restaurant is one of the best in Ireland for quality and presentation, however the sister restaurant of Kendal's couldn't hold a candle to it.

Main course of sirloin steak ordered medium rare was delivered quite rare, which for an estate of this quality is disappointing. After sending it back, a new steak was sent out this time overcooked. Also, the quality of the meat was very poor - very fatty and quite grizzly, I had to leave a portion of it as it was inedible. Desert was also a let down, however staff were attentive and courteous when I pointed all of the above out.

Standards must improve, it took some gloss off an otherwise excellent hotel. I would not (possibly never) eat there again, but hotel is excellent, as are staff, facilities and estate.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank OffalyPk1973
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of Mount Juliet. Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the Lady Helen Restaurant. However, I am sorry to read that your Kendals dining experience was, on this occasion, not up to the standard you expected and I will pass your comments to the Manager concerned. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you soon again at Mount Juliet.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed in mount juliet on st valentines day and it was a wonderful experience. Mount juliet is set in beautiful kilkenny countryside and if you like country estates and old worlde charm, mount juliet is the place to go. We didn't stay in the main house instead we were in a lodge. It was spacious and luxurious. We ate in the lady helen restaurant and it was fabulous. Our waiter, i think Maurice was his name, was knowledgeable and pleasant. The food was indeed michelin star. The leisure centre was ok, little bit dated. Breakfast was a buffet style, perhaps a hotel of this standard might do better but food was good. Wish I could have stayed longer and will be back.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Insomnia12
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your wonderful comments following your stay with us. I am pleased to read you had an unforgettable stay with us. I hope you will have the opportunity to enjoy a longer stay on your next visit.

Tipperary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

The reason we visited Mount Juliet was to experience the dining at The Lady Helen restaurant.
The Wednesday night Tasting Menu is exceptional good value .. 8 courses for €55 which includes a glass of Prosecco. We also opted for the wine pairing for an additional €29. Service was excellent, Maurice was most helpful and knowledgable. My partner cannot eat meat but it was not a problem, the venison course being replaced by turbot. From start to finish it was a wonderful meal, the Michelin Star is well deserved. Looking forward to returning soon.
We had a ground floor room in the main house with access to a small walled garden which would be most pleasant for a Summer visit. Wheelchair accessible bathroom. The only disappointment was the couch in our room which was stained and torn and in need of attention. My partner used the swimming pool which is in the Clubhouse and had the bonus of courtesy car down and back.
Overall a great stay.

Room Tip: Room no. 1 has wheelchair accessible bathroom.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ribno
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your wonderful review following your meal in the Lady Helen Restaurant. I am delighted you enjoyed the experience. I take on board your comment regarding the chair in your bedroom and will replace this immediately. Thank you again for your time and hopefully I will get the opportunity to welcome you back to Mount Juliet soon.

General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thomastown
Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa
Kilkenny River Court Hotel
Langton House Hotel
Langton House Hotel
#1 of 18 in Kilkenny

Been to Mount Juliet Estate? Share your experiences!