Mount Juliet Estate Kilkenny
Lyrath Estate(Kilkenny)
US$153
US$133
Orbitz.com
Aspect Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$83
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
1,124 results
All reviewsthe main houselady helen restaurantmanor househunters yardhorse ridinggolf clubmichelin startasting menuequestrian centrestud farmrose gardenthe rivermount juliet estateafternoon teapresident's barold housebeautiful property
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I have been coming to Mount Juliet at least annually since I was 9 years old, I am now 27! I love this place it is truly fantastic and a wonderful relaxing experience.
I just wanted to give the place a review to show my support
One area they could look at modernising is the health club and pool but it is still great as it is.

Stayed: July 2014
MountJulietG M, General Manager at Mount Juliet Estate Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you have been a regular visitor to Mount Juliet for many years. Thank you for your lovely comments and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This manor house was the classic example of what I think of as a true country manor house. The grounds are beautiful with a walled garden & trails. There are many activities to do there. I went to the spa & it was very good. My husband did the skeet shooting & felt the person running it was excellent. There is a golf course & a few different restaurants & bars.

Room Tip: Our room was on 2nd floor facing the front of the hotel with a wonderful view of the landscaping. The rear has a nice view of the stream & horse fields.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. Your kind comments are appreciated and we hope you will be back to visit us again very soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have read and spoken to many people that have stayed at Mount Juliet over the years and with this in mind we headed for a 2 night B&B and 1 dinner stay in Kilkenny.
The golf was super and the reception by the staff as you would expect at a 5 star resort - A warm Irish welcome.
The Manor House is lovely and the food in the 1 star Michelin restaurant superb.
The hotel and in particular the Club House where we stayed needs some serious TLC. It feels and looks worn out. The carpets in the Club House (Presidents Bar) has a sour smell and needs sorting.
Maybe the new owners will give it a good overhaul and bring it back because in its current state it is not 5 star.

Room Tip: Stay in the Manor House
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CyclingViking

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your stay and your kind comments. I do however take on board your comments in relation to some matters you have mentioned and will follow these up with the relevant managers. I hope you will consider returning to Mount Juliet in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Having just returned from my son's wedding at Mount Juliet, I cannot speak highly enough of this amazing place. The grounds are stunning with a river running through. One could spend many hours exploring. The House has beautiful rooms and suites with views over the grounds bringing such an air of peace and splendour. The service was top class and the most accommodating. Staff always on hand to cater for requirements. Food was A1. A magnificent golf course, a beautiful spa and leisure centre. Club house with excellent food. This was an utterly magic place for the wedding with everything running perfectly. Cannot recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: View of the river
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
MountJulietG M, General Manager at Mount Juliet Estate Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review following your son’s wedding at Mount Juliet. I am thrilled that you had a wonderful weekend with us and thank you for your fantastic feedback. It was a pleasure to look after you and your guests, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here recently on a two night break which I had booked as a surprise for my boyfriends 40th birthday.
Overall we had a fantastic stay.The mount juliet estate is beautiful, steeped in history and surrounded by rolling breath taking grounds.
We stayed in the beautiful manor house which overlooked the river...magical views!!
The rooms are tastefully decorated with nice little thoughtful touches here and there.
We ate in both kendells and the wonderful Lady Helen restaurant which is more than worthy of its michelin star.The food,staff and service was excellent.All of the staff we encountered during our stay in Mount juliet were warm,attentive and friendly without being in anyway obtrusive.
We used the spa and leisure centre which we enjoyed immensely. If we had one tiny critism it would be
that the leisure and spa areas are a little on the small side and would benefit from being extended and perhaps a thermal suite added.Maybe the new owners will consider adding this.
This review wouldnt be complete without mentioning
the lovely Des who provided us with transport, tales of history and lots of laughter.He is a wonderful asset to the Mount juliet.
Overall we had a really enjoyable stay and would most definitely return
Many thanks to all at Mount juliet for a very enjoyable break.

• Stayed: July 2014
MountJulietG M, General Manager at Mount Juliet Estate Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments following your stay. I am delighted you and your boyfriend enjoyed his birthday celebrations with us and that you also enjoyed many of the amenities here. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Des who is indeed a great asset. Thank you again and I hope you will both visit in the near future.