“Highly Recommended”

Mount Juliet Estate
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Thomastown
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed recently with a group of friends and I can't praise the hotel enough. From the minute we checked in it was paradise. It's such a peaceful estate with gorgeous walks to take around it. Accommodation was lovely and very comfortable. Our stay included spa treatments of which I had a Pre-Natal massage. I can't speak highly enough of my therapist Eadoin(think I have it spelt right). Her professional and friendly manner made me feel so at ease and I left feeling so relaxed and I know baby enjoyed it too. Overall, the spa and pool facilities were good but could do with a bit of a re-vamp.

Food on the estate is excellent with friendly and competent staff throughout. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and were made feel very special. Will definitely be returning.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gumdrop139

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at Mt Juliet for a golfing weekend. We had originally booked a lodge but on arriving we were told there had been a booking oversight and a lodge wasn't available so we were given rooms in the golf club suites. The guy that was checking us in didn't really explain why and only offered a token apology. The golf club suites were very nice and in hindsight probably suited us better due to the close proximity to the course. We had food in The Hunters Yard on the Saturday which I was a bit dissapointed with - I ordered the Chicken Caesar Salad which was smothered in dressing so I couldn't taste anything else. The chicken breast was dry and a bit rubbery. I have to say the breakfast was easily the best I've ever had. Overall, a good weekend apart from a the check in and salad. Mt Juliet is a magnificent golf course and estate. Will return!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JackieBoy2014
MountJulietG M, General Manager at Mount Juliet Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of Mount Juliet. I apologise for the disappointment you experienced upon check-in and at lunch which is very much regretted. I am however pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that you intend returning to Mount Juliet in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed with family for a week in lodge accommodation.
The organisation of our trip and welcome we received was really 5 star.
For kids there are multiple activities to keep all entertained from walks, cycling, tennis, swimming, putting and horse riding. The policy of junior golfers free with an adult after 4 pm is to be applauded, and was a fantastic opportunity to play a truly fine parkland course of international standing.
A special mention to the resident teaching pro Sean Cotter, a great teacher and interesting raconteur.
The only criticism was the slightly disappointing meal in the Kendal restaurant but then it's hard to be critical as I sipped a fine white as the sun set on this heavenly wooded vista.
With weather we enjoyed this week Mount Juliet is a truly magical location and fully deserves a five star billing. Would return in the morning if we could!!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read your wonderful review and your fantastic comments are very much appreciated. I am delighted that you and in particular your children, enjoyed the various activities on site. Also, I will be sure to pass on your comments to Sean. Thanks again, and we hope to see you and your family at Mount Juliet again very soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

What a beautiful spot.Everything was to my satisfaction.We had our drinks & snacks in the lounge overlooking the river & the horse & cow fields.Breathe taking.We strolled around the exquisite gardens.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your wonderful feedback following your visit to us. I am glad you enjoyed your time here. We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just back from a two day golfing break in Mount Juliet. Could not fault it all. Everything was just perfect and the staff were fantastic. You can park the car up for your complete stay and not have to sit back into it till home time .Mount Juliet is one of the most relaxed places I have been to.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read the review of your visit and thank you for your fantastic comments which are greatly appreciated. I hope you will have an opportunity to visit us again very soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed end here for two nights on a golf/spa break with friends. We had a beautiful room overlooking the river.
The golfers enjoyed the course. The buggy hire was €35,club hire,€25.

We ate in the Lady Helen restaurant one night,Kendals the next. We had a table for 8.30 in the Lady Helen as there was a large party in at 6.30. Service was very slow,the main course not coming until after 10pm.

It is about 1 and a half hours drive from Dublin Airport.

The hotel has recently been sold,so who knows what changes there might be!

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the river which,was large and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Barbara P

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your visit and for your kind comments. However, please accept my apologies for the slow service you experienced during your meal which is very much regretted. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you and your friends soon again.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Faultless we love it you must stay here its the best.

The staff in mount Juliet are second to none we feel like we are The Lord and Lady of the Manor every time we stay.

So much to occupy all on the estate you never need to leave.

Room Tip: Rose garden lodges great yet has full hotel service in an apartment as such.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your visit to Mount Juliet. I am very pleased that you had such an enjoyable time here and we look forward to offering an equally pleasant stay when you return.

General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thomastown
Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa
#4 of 19 in Kilkenny
Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel
Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel
#10 of 19 in Kilkenny

Been to Mount Juliet Estate? Share your experiences!