“consistantly great food and service”
Review of Cre na Cille

Cre na Cille
Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in Tuam
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We eat in Cre na Cille regularly and love the food there. The early bird menu offers particularly good value. The vegetable soup is excellent and if there is a fault it is that the portion is so generous that you may be too full for the main course. Service is always friendly and efficient.

1  Thank vanlosestairways

Reviewed 24 June 2013

This restaurant is top quality, serioulsy recommend the Garlic Potatoes & the Casa Silva white wine. The serivce is very quick & fast. The staff are very helpfull & friendly.

1  Thank DeeCarley
Reviewed 16 June 2013

For the rest of my life i will never ever set foot in this place again. The food was nice enough but expensive for tuam. The waitress who took our order was lovely and quick. It was the face that greeted us at the door, whom i later found out was the owner. This surprised me as she was very rude and abrupt and made us feel as if we were wasting her time. As we walked in i realized it was very busy and figured it was due to fathers day. We were about to leave when the owner asked us had we a booking, i answered no, and as i was about to explain that we forgot how busy it would be , her face soured and she interrupted me with a huge sigh, and a tut, and said trough gritted teeth that she would find us some where.

Even though is was very buzy, our waitress was very good, and they're wasnt a huge wait for our food, which was lovely.

Then we went to pay for our lovely but over priced food ( 17.50 for a pan fried chicken) i was faced with the owner who gave me no greeting, didn't even look me in the eye, barked the price, took the money, and slammed the change on the counter.

I have worked in the public service industry for over 15 years, I am fully aware that it can be stressful, but i'm sure if it was a staff member that treated me the same way, this "owner" would not be impressed. There is so excuse for the way this woman treated me, I feel sorry for the staff in there having to work for a women like her.

p.s. I don't know weather it was the size of the table or that there was so much on it ( flowers,candles,breadboard,jug, and the usual's) but less is more, it created a huge divide in the middle of me and my partner, which is bad for any one who would go for a romantic meal.

4  Thank jessiflan
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Dined here with a group recently and had an enjoyable dining experience. There is a good selection of dishes on offer from a largish menu, all priced acceptably in my opinion. All the members of our party were pleased with their food choices on the night. Compliments to the waiting staff who were prompt and efficient. However, a recommendation.......................

Although the restaurant is clean and bright, it brought to mind a well loved and frequently visited establishment. As a result of years of use, a new coat of paint and other superficial decorative touches are no longer having any real net effect. Some investment in refitting is now sorely needed to ensure the continuation of this nice business into the future.

1  Thank widows_weeds
Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

Dined alone. Very happy with waitress. Friendly & prompt. There was only one other table in the restaurant occupied but it was a Wed night.

Menu quite expensive. My food however was delicious. The food at the other table looked amazing too.

The seating and decor is a little dated but I really enjoyed my meal and found the waitress very friendly.