“Lovely Hotel great welcome”

Lough Rea Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Loughrea
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Our family of ten people stayed at this hotel prior to my sons wedding in december and found everything at this hotel to be four star quality. The only thing missing was a swimming pool also when I was using the wellness centre I was annoyed and upset that the jacuzzi was out of order. We found the staff of the hotel to be very welcoming particularly in the restaurant where we booked an evening meal. The food and wine were above average and the service was excellent especially for the children.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Niall D, General Manager at Lough Rea Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Macker36,

Thank you for your review of the hotel. Unfortunately the Jacuzzi was under repair, and out of our control. I can confirm that it has been repaired. However I apologise for the inconvenience.
I have noted your other comments and I will discuss with the team as it is our priority to exceed our guests expectations and I thank you for your feedback.

There are newer reviews for Lough Rea Hotel and Spa

Reviewed 10 January 2014

From the minute i walked through the doors it was breathe taken
Its a must !!!
beautiful hotel outstanding service
brilliant food and room was luxurious

will definately be back

Cathy
Roscommon
Ireland

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cait84
Niall D, General Manager at Lough Rea Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Cait84,

Thank you for your lovely review of the hotel. Your review was 'short and sweet', and I am delighted that it was very special for you.

I hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Just back from a two night stay. We really enjoyed our stay. Our room was comfortable with nice bathroom. Good hairdryer provided with good wifi available in room. Bed was large and of a high standard. Not too many TV channels available. All staff we met were polite and helpful. We really enjoyed breakfast both mornings. We used the spa both days and had treatments both days too. Highly recommend the spa and treatments. The whole break was very chilled for us. One negative- I had booked via email dinner for the abbey restaurant @ 8pm and had received conformation of this. When we arrived down to the restaurant for our meal at 7.50 pm on our second night it was closed and we were told it was closed due to quiet times in January and they had moved any dinner reservations to the bar. That is completely fine that they closed due to quiet times but I expect a phone call, been told on check in or notice under the door to inform us of the change. We did not eat in the bar as there was a match on and it was not the atmosphere we were hoping for. We were offered a free drink for the mix up and the bar man and receptionist who dealt with us were helpful and clearly embarrassed about the mix up. Instead, on principal, we drove into loughrea and had a lovely meal in an Italian restaurant. Overall it was a lovely break and I would recommend to others. Thank you.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HappyOut1985

Dear Happyout1985,

Thank you for your review of the hotel, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay for the most part.
I do apologise for the error regarding the restaurant. we have closed the restaurant while it is quiet, to do essential maintenance. You should have been informed of this. I have noted this to the team so that it does not happen again.

I hope to see you back again and that you get to experience our Abbey Restaurant and the lovely food.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We booked in for one night it was the friday special offer, it was more than we expected for the price we paid. Food was good, breakfast is good although a little cold as we got it to the room. Would definitely recommend booking in for an hour at the thermal suite, its clean and everything works as it should. Few little downsides like the sink in the room didn't drain properly, sky channels not working (there was a storm the day before though) and WiFi didn't work in the rooms only worked downstairs.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and the staff were lovely to deal with!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MCKH123

Dear MCKH123,

Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Unfortunately the TV and WIFI were down that weekend due to the storm. Thankfully we are back to normal again. I have noted the issue with the breakfast and have taken corrective action.

I hope to get the chance to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We had a wonderful day at this spa. The thermal suite is relaxing and offers a truly stress free experience. However it was the facial that won me over. It was not only enjoyable and pleasurable but truly luxurious and utterly divine. I adore the fact that the beds are heated. Not only that but my therapist was able to use the controls to make that bed perfect for me (I suffer with my back and its very hard to get a comfortable treatment bed) All that before the facial even started! The beautician was a small slip of a girl but she had fantastic strength in her hands and thumbs.My face was truly cleaned and moisturised - I actually felt beautiful coming out of there :) The scalp massage soothed away all my thoughts. All in all pretty perfect.

Room Tip: We were only there for a day at a spa.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear AnneMQuinn,

Thank you for your review. The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Hotel, and that you had a fantastic relaxing experience in the Shore Island Spa. It is very popular with all our guests, and is a real treat to get away from the January blues.
I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel. I attended a wedding here and the food served was fantastic. Thumbs up to the chefs, and waiting staff. The rooms are lovely and very clean. Would definately stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rj610
Niall D, General Manager at Lough Rea Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear rj610,

Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the wedding and your stay at the hotel. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail, and the wedding business is our speciality, and we look after every detail for all wedding couples and their guests, so that it is a memorable experience for everyone.

I hope you get a chance to visit the hotel again in the near future.

General Manger

Reviewed 26 November 2013

This was a voucher visit for two days. No regrets we thoroughly enjoyed the stay. We went into Galway on Sunday night to visit the Christmas market and the cold but dry night added to the Christmas feel. On Monday we went into Galway for the shops and city stuff. The park and ride wasn't operating yet but city centre parking wasn't a major problem.
We ate out in the city as the restaurant in the hotel only operated Friday and Saturday night over the winter. There was a brasserie beside the bar operating until 9.30 and the food was grand if the large breakfast was anything to go by.
We also enjoyed the spa and all in all this was a relaxing break just 20 miles from Galway city. As others have said a pool would have been nice but to be honest we hardly would have had time to use it as we used the hotel as a base for our visit to Galway.
No hesitation to visit again.

Room Tip: Get a room at the front overlooking the town and lake for the view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear BryB,

Thank you for reviewing the hotel, and that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. It seems that you got to pack in some sight seeing while you were here, and it is only 20 minutes from Galway city, so it an ideal location with its close proximity to the Dublin/Galway motorway.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Niall Dalton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Loughrea
Meadow Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Athenry
Clayton Hotel Galway
Clayton Hotel Galway
#11 of 46 in Galway

Been to Lough Rea Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!