“I loved it!”

Ranked #3 of 7 Loughrea B&B and Inns
Hannover, Germany
“I loved it!”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I loved the stay at Cartron House! My Fiance and I were travelling all through Ireland and this was the only time we stayed in a B&B.. makes it hard to find any B&B that is comparable ;)
Ann gave us a warm welcome.. the dogs as well xD they are so cute! :) We had the best dinner during our trip through Ireland made by Ann (one of the best cooks I know!), the room was lovely decorated, the bed was huge, we had a bathroom for ourselves and everything was clean.

Even though we stayed for only one night, both of us wanne come back to Ann :) One of the loviliest hosts I have ever meet!

Thanks for everything and see you next time, Cartron House :)

Room Tip: The house is not hard to find, just drive to Ballinakill.. if you are coming from Galway: the house...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Just the most perfect place to stay, quiet peaceful beautiful house n surroundings, Ann is without doubt 1 of the best cooks iv came across, although a little out of the way Tim & Ann were more than happy to offer a lift to the local pub, overall a fantastic place to stay and I will recommend it highly to all I know & will definitely be back

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Energyser
Kerkdriel Netherlands
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Cartron House Farm in Ballinakill Ireland is great for people who like a retreat. The rooms are really comfortabel and Ann's hospitality is great. She is quit a good cook and prepares delicious meals. The environment is really suited for walking, horseriding and making caravan trips. Inge Teunissen, Netherlands

Room Tip: Also cottages are available!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2011

I cannot recommend this guesthouse highly enough. Having travelled from Dublin to the west coast, and arriving quite late, we were pleased when Ann offered us an evening meal. The second night we didn't even bother looking elsewhere. The food was superb!
Everything about our stay was first class: the food, accommodation, welcome.
Cartron is a little way off the beaten track but a true gem for those with transport.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Tynycae
New Mexico
Reviewed 3 December 2010

Cartron House is nestled in exquisite Irish countryside, just a few miles from Loughrea. Tim and Ann are welcoming, knowledgable, helpful, fun, outgoing. They immediately make the guest feel like a valued member of the family! In addition, Ann is a gourmet cook who loves to cater to whatever one's food preferences are. If you are in the vicinity, do yourself a huge favor and stay here.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank NewMexicoHistorian
West Stockbridge, MA
Reviewed 24 August 2010

I, the solo traveler, was making my way from Dublin to Galway. I was encouraged to stay the evening in this charming B&B on my way. At first I was hesitant because I simply wanted to get to my destination, but boy was I happy that I did! The atmosphere was charming, the house warm and comfortable, and the company truly superb. There was also not a hint of tourism about it which I cannot say for other places like Dublin and Galway. Go and have a lovely time!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank beccajoloeb
Caversham, Berkshire
Reviewed 10 April 2010

My husband and I stayed here with our 18 month old daughter and my brother-in-law. Ann is a wonderful host, great cook and we had both breakfast and dinner here the two nights we stayed, the food was so good. I would definitely recommend this B&B, the only reservations I have is that the location isn't that convenient to town (about 20mins away) - so it's a bit of a hassle if you want to go out for a pint (we didn't so not a big deal), and we also had a bedroom under other rooms in the B&B and the ceiling/floor seemed very thin so when the guy staying upstairs got up at 4am, we woke to his walking around... and so did our baby. But honestly, the food and welcoming from Ann made up for it!

• Stayed April 2010
1 Thank travelling_gillburys
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loughrea
Lough Rea Hotel and Spa
Lotties Villa
Lotties Villa
#5 of 7 in Loughrea
Oak Lodge Bed & Breakfast

Been to Cartron House Farm? Share your experiences!