“A warm welcome matters!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Taste Matters

Taste Matters
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Loughrea
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Cuisines: European, Irish, Fusion
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Casual restaurant with interesting delicious food & genuine hospitality.
Galway
“A warm welcome matters!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I had two excellent meals here in the past few months .We were looking forward to going back. We were passing through Loughrea on a Friday night and we decided to see if we could get a table without a booking. Unfortunately we could not. We were disappointed but I'm sure we'll get the opportunity to eat there again. However we were quite annoyed with the reception we received.i.e. We were totally ignored by the waitress. She was in conversation with two diners..fair enough.But when she finished her chat she turned on her heel and walked into the kitchen. We were left standing there like two planks until she eventually decided to come out. Come on Taste Matters. Don't spoil your wonderful reputation with poor front of house staff. We hadn't encountered a reception like this on our last two visits and we were a little shocked by her unprofessionalism. Still hungry we went up the street to Ken's Chinese restaurant. Believe me the staff there know how to welcome paying customers...and the food was nice too!!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank corneliaGalway
Jirka H, Owner at Taste Matters, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
I am very sorry to read what a welcome you received on our last visit! As per my personal message to you, I have looked into what happened that night and the poor welcome was due to a busy Friday night. That is in no way an excuse and I have used your review as an example for my staff, how such a silly mistake can affect a good reputation we have been building up by years of hard work. Once again, please accept my sincere apologies. I look forward to ‘welcoming’ you next time! Jirka

“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and a friend ate in Taste Matters on Thursday night, superb food and service, as I have always received on every occasion. Both proprietors are very friendly, welcoming and hands on, nothing is a problem! excellent wine recommendations and delicious homemade cordial -great for designated drivers!
Would not hestitate to recommend this fab restaurant for not only great food and service but also very good value for monet.
Loughrea is lucky to have Taste Matters!

Jirka H, Owner at Taste Matters, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words! It is heart-warming to see people enjoy what we are doing. Long may this continue!

I would like to take this opportunity and express my sincere thanks to all the previous lovely reviews, replies to which I have been postponing for far too long now.

Galway, Ireland
“You must check it out sooooo tasty.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was told to try this restaurant and it is every bit as nice as I expected it to be and more........ they do the tastiest food. The place is small and nothing special as restaurants go, no fancy decor but clean and modern and lovely friendly staff.

I am only sorry it is a bit of distance for me to travel but if I lived locally I would bit there on a regular basis.

Keep up the good work we need more restaurants like this one.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank mellysue17
Galway, Ireland
“Great value "early bird" meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

My wife and I had a delicious “early bird" meal in Taste Matters. My wife had the soup and lemon chicken while had the seafood chowder and the slow cook beef. Great value meals, washed down by O’Hara’s red ale. Both dishes were delicious, great service and lovely background music played at the correct volume. Ten out of ten. Paddy & Bernie

• Visited June 2014
“continued high standards”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Once again lunch in Taste Matters was just SO good ! beautifully presented and tasty food at reasonable cost. The proprietors are hands on, really nice guys who are professional, friendly and happy to give their advice on wines and beers. Taste matters is a huge addition to Loughrea - lucky to have them !

• Visited June 2014