“Loughrea's Gourmet Delight!”

Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Loughrea
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Cuisines: European, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casual restaurant with interesting delicious food & genuine hospitality.
“Loughrea's Gourmet Delight!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here tonight and it was first class. My wife had the spicy beef to start and I had the roasted pepper and tomato soup. For mains we had lemon chicken and sirloin steak. Everything was cooked perfectly and tasted delicious. Too full for dessert so a trip back is for certain...and an added bonus, they serve the best draught beer in Loughrea!

Jirka H, Owner at Taste Matters, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
I am very happy you enjoyed your dinner with us and I am especially delighted you liked our Pilsner! There's more to be had! :) All the best! Jirka

“Excellent food, disorganised staff”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had lunch here on the 18th July. We were staying in the loughrea hotel and spa and they recommended to dine here.
When we arrived, it seemed busy but there were two people on the floor, we waited for waiting staff to come seat us but they just kind of acted as though they didn't see us, we were left standing for a long time, only for the fact that I was interested in the menu did we stay.
Finally, I interrupted a staff member on their race back to the kitchen and asked could we take a seat at a free table.
We took our seat and quickly the table was cleared and cleaned and we were given our menus (we enquired about an anchovy salad that was on they lunch menu that was on display outside but but it wasn't inside?)
It took quite a while before our order was taken. After our order was taken a table of four arrived in beside us and they left because they had been waiting too long for their order to be taken.
One staff member did apologise for the delays and she was a great waitress but I think in general the staff was just poorly organised or else we just caught them on a bad day
The food was fantastic , I loved the fondant r the chocolate fondant!

Jirka H, Owner at Taste Matters, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback and especially for your patience with us last Friday.

First of all I would like to apologize for the service you experienced on your visit. Indeed that particular lunch we were poorly organized, which pains me to admit. I was personally on the floor and it was my responsibility to manage the dining room.

That Friday lunch was much busier than our usual Friday would be with many people coming together around the same time, which was a big strain on the front of house as well as on kitchen and which created a back-log of work, a lot of stress etc ... unfortunately I did not manage that very well on the day and I am sorry for that.

I am happy that you enjoyed our food and should you be back in Loughrea, I hope you will pay us another visit so we can show you hospitality of our usual standard. Kind regards, Jirka
Galway
“A warm welcome matters!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I had two excellent meals here in the past few months .We were looking forward to going back. We were passing through Loughrea on a Friday night and we decided to see if we could get a table without a booking. Unfortunately we could not. We were disappointed but I'm sure we'll get the opportunity to eat there again. However we were quite annoyed with the reception we received.i.e. We were totally ignored by the waitress. She was in conversation with two diners..fair enough.But when she finished her chat she turned on her heel and walked into the kitchen. We were left standing there like two planks until she eventually decided to come out. Come on Taste Matters. Don't spoil your wonderful reputation with poor front of house staff. We hadn't encountered a reception like this on our last two visits and we were a little shocked by her unprofessionalism. Still hungry we went up the street to Ken's Chinese restaurant. Believe me the staff there know how to welcome paying customers...and the food was nice too!!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank corneliaGalway
Jirka H, Owner at Taste Matters, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
I am very sorry to read what a welcome you received on our last visit! As per my personal message to you, I have looked into what happened that night and the poor welcome was due to a busy Friday night. That is in no way an excuse and I have used your review as an example for my staff, how such a silly mistake can affect a good reputation we have been building up by years of hard work. Once again, please accept my sincere apologies. I look forward to ‘welcoming’ you next time! Jirka
“Superb”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and a friend ate in Taste Matters on Thursday night, superb food and service, as I have always received on every occasion. Both proprietors are very friendly, welcoming and hands on, nothing is a problem! excellent wine recommendations and delicious homemade cordial -great for designated drivers!
Would not hestitate to recommend this fab restaurant for not only great food and service but also very good value for monet.
Loughrea is lucky to have Taste Matters!

Jirka H, Owner at Taste Matters, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words! It is heart-warming to see people enjoy what we are doing. Long may this continue!

I would like to take this opportunity and express my sincere thanks to all the previous lovely reviews, replies to which I have been postponing for far too long now.

Galway, Ireland
“You must check it out sooooo tasty.”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was told to try this restaurant and it is every bit as nice as I expected it to be and more........ they do the tastiest food. The place is small and nothing special as restaurants go, no fancy decor but clean and modern and lovely friendly staff.

I am only sorry it is a bit of distance for me to travel but if I lived locally I would bit there on a regular basis.

Keep up the good work we need more restaurants like this one.

• Visited May 2014