“I'd eat here more often - if my waistline would permit!”
Review of Gallery Cafe

Gallery Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Gort
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“I'd eat here more often - if my waistline would permit!”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I've eaten at the Gallery several times in the past 2 years (in its old location in the square, and in the new building near Bank of Ireland), with children, family and friends, and have always enjoyed a delicious meal, whether popping in for coffee and cake, or enjoying a 3-course dinner.

The food is "different" : interesting and always a challenge to choose from the daily specials. It's all so good and portions are very generous.

We ate at the Gallery with my cousin last summer: she pronounced it one of the nicest meals she's had in a long time (and she's particularly fussy!) - and only the other day, said to me: "oh, I wish we were in the Gallery for coffee and cake".

Service isn't "speedy", but relaxed and friendly. But then, I'm on holiday and never in a rush, so it isn't something that bothers me.

And we love the interior: quirky and fun. Look out for the old-fashioned hair-dryer and the pretty hats and costumes draped over the screen. And you can't miss the bicycle hanging half way up the exterior of the building!

I'll be eating at the Gallery in just over a week's time - and am really looking forward to it!

• Visited October 2011
3 Thank Sarnia G

Gort, Ireland
“Bad manners alround”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We went for lunch and had about 90 minutes for what was to be a relaxing lunch. We went in but no reaction from any staff. The owner completely ignored us and was preoccupied by a magazine and avoiding most of her customers. She has complete disinterest in customer relations.15 minutes had passed and we had to call a waitress for a menu. Another 10 minutes passed and I had to go to the counter to get the menu. The selection was unusual and interesting but lacked variety. 20 more minutes passed and we had to go to the counter to place our order. All during this time we were ignored by all staff and when we approached they said that they would arrive shortly that they were finishing a chat. No apologies for such ignorance. Our order came after 40 minutes but we were almost going to go to supermacs, we were so hungry. Once we got our food we had 5 minutes to eat it. By the way , the bill was added incorrectly, we were undercharged by €2...yipee

• Visited January 2012
6 Thank fizzit12
Kinvara
“fab an funky”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Wonderful cafe in gort co galway...great menu and selection of tasty food...and drinks. Occasional music of various types...decor superb...lovely place to be!

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank KinvaraFiona
Wild West Ireland
“Fun place to enjoy fab food !”
Reviewed 13 November 2011

The Gallery is a great place with cool friendly staff, excellent food and a fun 'vibe'. My kids love the pizza menu and the comics plus the waitress always offers paper and crayons to our smaller kids which is a nice and very welcome touch! We never feel hurried and the atmosphere is fun. The food is always excellent, the menu varied and interesting with thoughtful presentation. I see some bad reviews about the service here but I think that they did not get the idea of the place...which is to take it easy, relax and enjoy your meal. I personally have always found the staff friendly and helpful. Bravo to The Gallery for brightening up Gort and carry on the good work.

• Visited November 2011
3 Thank lalaluna
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food. If you get it”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I have eaten there a few times. Food is fine, but service not great. went there at 11:50 and couldnt order lunch till 12, we still had not got lunch at 12:30. Waitress blamed chef, I left.

1 Thank Seang74