“They do most things right”
Review of The Gallery

The Gallery
Ranked #6 of 15 Restaurants in Gort
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

My friend and I visited the gallery for lunch and both of us enjoyed our meal. The only negative I have is that they don't take bank cards for payment, the reason they gave was due to the high bank charges. I'm not a financial expert and I can imagine its hard to keep afloat in these times but I would have thought a card machine was the norm in a busy cafe like this. I would have appreciated a sign outside saying they don't take it before I offered to pay with a laser card and a fiver in my purse!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Gallery Restaurant in Gort, Co Clare, Ireland is not to be missed. The food is not only delicious but served in an artful manner. The plates are huge so you get good portions. The coffee is great and the desserts are special. The flour less cupcake was yummy. The decor is unique and fun with an overall atmosphere of 'cozy'.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We were regulars of this restaurant in it's previous venue and hadn't been in a while. We were excited to find it's new location and were looking forward to the tasty pizzas and salads we had experienced in the past. On arrival, we were seated and a waitress arrived to our table of 4 with 3 water glasses and a tiny carafe which wouldn't even half fill 2 of the glasses. She then left us with menus and failed to return during the 15 minutes we were prepared to wait (despite the restaurant being empty apart from one other table who were finished eating). The dismal staff were so busy chatting amongst themselves, that when we decided to get up and leave and walked the entire length of the restaurant and out the door - not one of them even noticed!!!

In the so called 'recession' times in Ireland it is nice that a restaurant does not need to provide any service to their customers or need to notice that they are leaving an empty venue! In addition to not trying the food this visit, I think even in downtown Gort that the price of a Coke or Sparkling Water on the menu at Eur4.00 is completely excessive. How disappointing our visit was and such a shame, we always looked forward to our visits enroute to Galway, but will never ever return again!!

4  Thank HellsbellsDublin
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Eclectic,eccentric, and fatastic. some of the best food in Galway; starters, fish and desserts as well as a selection of foraged ingredients make this a great dining experience.their "special" nights are legendary! Criticisms? Price for a beer.no others.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

The Gallery is a wonderfully designed restaurant with such character and a great menu. The food is really nice, made with fresh ingredients. Do not go here if you are in a hurry as prompt service is not really available. The staff are lovely and polite but it can take a long time to get served, for drinks and for meals to come. There are just not enough staff on during busy times and they definitely need an extra person or two in the kitchen. The staff lack the sense of urgency and efficiency needed at peak peak hours. I have worked a long time in hospitality and that is why I notice these things. Putting the service at peak hours a side I would definitely recommend trying the food here!!