“A Nice Treat!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Donegal Town, Ireland
“A Nice Treat!”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This is a lovely, quirky restaurant nicely decorated inside. Myself and my friend ate here recently and had two pizzas, which were delicious! This was followed by dessert which was equally delicious. My only complaint would be the staff, too laid back and not attentive enough, not overly friendly either. I have been a waitress for years but they made a real chore out of their work.

• Visited February 2014

Tubbercurry, Ireland
“disappointed”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I so agree with" Hellsbells Dublin" A group of us with for dinner here recently and had the same problems waiting ages first of all to order drinks (Wine) which was overpriced for what we got, we actually had to reminde them again to bring it to us. Food is good but again overpriced..... Not very impressed with staff and have a problem that they don't take Bank Cards. Might call again for a coffee but it will be a while before I eat here again

• Visited February 2014
“They do most things right”
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

My friend and I visited the gallery for lunch and both of us enjoyed our meal. The only negative I have is that they don't take bank cards for payment, the reason they gave was due to the high bank charges. I'm not a financial expert and I can imagine its hard to keep afloat in these times but I would have thought a card machine was the norm in a busy cafe like this. I would have appreciated a sign outside saying they don't take it before I offered to pay with a laser card and a fiver in my purse!

South Carolina
“Delicious”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Gallery Restaurant in Gort, Co Clare, Ireland is not to be missed. The food is not only delicious but served in an artful manner. The plates are huge so you get good portions. The coffee is great and the desserts are special. The flour less cupcake was yummy. The decor is unique and fun with an overall atmosphere of 'cozy'.

• Visited October 2013
Dublin
“Service that wasn't worth waiting for..........”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We were regulars of this restaurant in it's previous venue and hadn't been in a while. We were excited to find it's new location and were looking forward to the tasty pizzas and salads we had experienced in the past. On arrival, we were seated and a waitress arrived to our table of 4 with 3 water glasses and a tiny carafe which wouldn't even half fill 2 of the glasses. She then left us with menus and failed to return during the 15 minutes we were prepared to wait (despite the restaurant being empty apart from one other table who were finished eating). The dismal staff were so busy chatting amongst themselves, that when we decided to get up and leave and walked the entire length of the restaurant and out the door - not one of them even noticed!!!

In the so called 'recession' times in Ireland it is nice that a restaurant does not need to provide any service to their customers or need to notice that they are leaving an empty venue! In addition to not trying the food this visit, I think even in downtown Gort that the price of a Coke or Sparkling Water on the menu at Eur4.00 is completely excessive. How disappointing our visit was and such a shame, we always looked forward to our visits enroute to Galway, but will never ever return again!!

• Visited July 2013