“Hit the Spot”

Cuisines: Irish
Description: Family friendly bar & restaurant
Description: Family friendly bar & restaurant
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I don't review places that often, but O'Gradys really hit the spot. The Chicken Curry Rice was tasty and portion quite large, I got served quickly and found staff very helpful. Stopped here before and always found food good and the prices within my budget. Thanks again for keeping things simple, look forward to eating with you on my next trip through.

1  Thank Brendan S

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Have never had a problem here, staff are always so pleasant and friendly, the food is always lovely. Great place.

1  Thank Aoife R
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

OMG, can't believe this place has such a good review, the dirtiest place I've been in, in such a long time. We only had a snack which was fine but when we I went to the toilets--- rank dirty filthy, sorry but I was shocked the sink was blocked 2 cubicles first one full of !!! About to flow over the toilet bowl, cubicle 2 no lighting dirty, and that wouldn't flush, the bin well I don't know if it was a bin. So been unable to use them I swiftly came out, my husband told me the gents were just as bad. There were about 4/5 staff in a bar of no more than 15 people, one of the costumers even had a go at the bar staff for open mouth chewing gum all afternoon, and she was quite proud of her special skill. I did alert the staff. I hope they read this and improve things

3  Thank Fificurtis
wickedatbest, Owner at O'Gradys Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

We would like to apologise to you that you had a bad experience with us. Toilet cleanliness & hygiene is of great importance to us & toilets are regularly checked. However accidents sometimes do happen & may be unresolved until seen by a member of staff or reported to us by a customer. I have spoken to my staff & have been told that the problem was rectified as soon as it was brought to their attention on this occasion. We hope to be able to make this up to you on a future visit to O' Grady's Bar & Restaurant.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

When the carvery is on at busy times this is a first class operation, bar food is bit less so but still a good choice. A busy place.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

lovely food, very well presented, very good portions, well varied menue to suit all tastes especially the childrens menue, lovely pleasant staff.