“Passing Through.”
Review of Lady Gregory Hotel

Lady Gregory Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Gort
Reviewed 8 March 2014

On a recent trip to Donegal we stopped at Gort and quite literally saw a sign for The Lady Gregory Hotel and decided to break our journey. We only stayed one night. We found everything very nice and all the staff were efficient and friendly both at check in and for breakfast the following morning. We didn't use the dining room except for breakfast. There was a good variety of food available - in general it was very nice except I thought the bacon and sausage had been cooked for a while. Our overall experience was excellent in what I consider a lovely hotel. I forgot something in my bedroom and dropped in on my return journey and was very happy when the lovely lady at reception was able to locate it for me. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank holidays57

Reviewed 3 March 2014

it could have been a much more agreeable stay. We had a nice room - decent size, but having arrived late, we did not realise until 0600 the following morning that we were overlooking the delivery bay. Lorries were coming and going from then onwards so it was impossible to sleep. We checked with reception and were assured that there would be no deliveries on the Sunday morning, thank God!

We had dinner in the bar, which was nicely furnished. Staff great but sadly, my medium rare steak was well done and I had to send it back and wait. Not ideal as I was very hungry. They did pull all the stops out but it needn't have happened in the first place.

Would I stay again? We were there to hunt and the Hunt Ball was there, so it was booked for convenience. Not sure about repeating the experience.

Room Tip: Check that you are not overlooking the delivery area, opposite the entrance to the spa.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sissy55
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I've stayed at the Lady Gregory a couple of times now and as always I was impressed by the extremely friendly and helpful staff. We ate in the bar on arrival and the food was good, not fine dining but good portions and solid pub food. I would certainly eat here again.

As the hotel was relatively quite breakfast was freshly cooked to order which I like; it also tasted excellent and set us up for the days ahead.

We had a problem with the shower, which was sorted quickly and efficiently. I couldn't have asked for more from the team there.

The rooms are of a good size with comfortable beds and good facilities, we didn't have the best view this time but we weren't looking at it that much.

I feel this hotel offers good value for money and the friendly staff make it a good place to stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed here for two nights as I was on business in the area. Check in was friendly and efficient. I had dinner in the bar on the first evening and room service on the second evening. Food is good, no complaints. Breakfast is served to the table which I like. Good gym facilities with good opening hours. Will return for business but would not stay here for a romantic weekend away. It is a nice hotel but I wouldn't choose it for a couple break.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lollypops12
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for Galway Rally. Bed was massive. Room was super clean and bathroom was modern. There was a problem with the shower but they couldn't have been more apologetic. Was lovely and homely to come in yo after being freezing at the rally all day. Food was gorgeous. chowder was best I have tasted. My boyfriend also thought their pints of guinness were top class and the bulmers was also lovely. Will absolutly be back!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 9 February 2014

we stayed for a weekend recently and would rate this hotel as very good. The rooms were big airey, clean comfortable. The room had more than adequate tea and coffee making. The ensuite was very good and well stocked. The staff were excellent and attentive from arrival to departure. We had a family dinner on the Saturday night for 13 people. The food was savoury and attention to service was not lacking. The leisure centre is a pleasure and was well used. THe hotel is clean There is no problem with parking.
This was definite value for money .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Currently staying here &have to sayits so nice....the staff are so friendly & accommodating. Rooms are nice & spacious...getting room service was no probs. Staff in the Leisure Club were excellent & very helpful. Would definitely come back again for a break away.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gort
Lough Rea Hotel and Spa
Flannery's Hotel Galway
Merriman Hotel
Merriman Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kinvara

Been to Lady Gregory Hotel? Share your experiences!