Lady Gregory Hotel
US$80
US$97
Harlequin Hotel Castlebar(Castlebar)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$79
Breaffy Woods Hotel(Castlebar)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$91
  • Pool
Lough Lannagh Holiday Village(Castlebar)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$295
US$286
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
US$221
Great National Hotel Ballina(Ballina)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$55
All reviewsleisure centrelovely hotelfamily roomfine hotelthe pubironing boardhighly recommend this hotelshannon airportfunction roomfamily weddingfollowing morningstayed for one nightwedding receptionbar foodgalway citybreakfast was excellentfull irish breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were driving through Ireland and had no idea of our destination. We stopped at the front of this hotel and walked in to ask the price.usually I pre book on the Internet but there was no time as we had no idea where we would be. The receptionist was very nice, very helpful and offered us a comparable price to the Internet. The attraction was the name.....The Lady Gregory! In Yeats country! The room was large, clean and comfortable. A little in need of an update but I am thinking it was in keeping with the style and prestige of the era and history so there was no problem. Breakfast was excellent and the Dining room was amazing. Very old English ! I loved the atmosphere it evoked. It was right on the ocean a fair way out of town but with a car it was a perfect place to stay. They're was a spa resort as a section of the hotel , I did not use it but it looked wonderful.

Room Tip: Have a room on the second floor as the view over the ocean was stunning. We had a huge thunder storm and it was amazing to watch! Very quiet hotel.
2  Thank Jan B
USIT21, Manager at Lady Gregory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Guest

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for staying at The Lady Gregory Hotel staff, food, service and amenities. We strive to always provide the very best for our customers .
Being located in the rich heritage of Lady Augusta Gregory, W.B. Yeats and all that the Burren Lowlands has to offer, the attraction of The Lady Gregory Hotel will always endeavour to evoke an era of elegance and history.
Thank you for your wonderful comments and we welcome you back to The Lady Gregory Hotel in the future for another memorable stay.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a basic hotel in a rural Irish town, nothing fancy. It need updating, while not shabby the rooms look outdated, but they were very clean. We were visiting friends and when we got back to the hotel at about midnight the bar was full and buzzing, it looked like the place to go for a drink.
The girl on reception was very pleasant, and made us feel very welcome.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
USIT21, Manager at Lady Gregory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Ilovemyholidays80

I would like to thank you for your review. We are grateful for all feedback from our guests.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our reception team, and hotel bar's atmosphere.

We hope you chose to stay again with us in the future.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Had a great weekend with all the family in the Lady Gregory hotel.We booked three different room types to cater for us all. They were very clean and bright and the family room was very spacious. The staff were very friendly and helpful with six of our grandchildren staying with us. The restaurant was very busy but the waiters took special care of all our needs.The food and drink was excellent and well priced. My family made great use of the swimming pool and the playground just outside the hotel. The hotel is a great base for touring around Clare and Galway and is great value. This my third time to stay in the Lady Gregory Hotel and I would recomend it to anyone for good value and friendly service. The hotel front could do with a sprucing up to make it more attractive to passing trade.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the swimming pool get more natural light
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank halhal15
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This place was beautiful. The decor, trim and wood work, stained glass windows, dining area and rooms were so charming. The staff went out of their way. I ask reception about the history of the hotel and the Lady Gregory and she filled me in on the story. The room was (255) was good size with King bed. The bathroom was big as well with towel warmer, Tub and shower. The television was a small 19" old box type with very poor selection. The room was clean. We slept good! The wifi was the best yet during our Ireland trip, I was able to skype with a good connection and speed. Breakfast was good and plentiful. We enjoyed the pool, hot tub and Steam room. Keep in mind most of these Ireland hotels have Leisure centers that are open to the public with memberships I assume. The public uses the pool and other services. You must have a swim cap to get in the pool. This was one of my favorite hotels on our Ireland trip. The only thing I could find wrong with this place was the elevator was small and slow...but the staff and charm made up for it. Oh, I almost forgot, the barkeep recommended a pizza delivery place to us and even let us use his phone to place an order...how sweet was that!

3  Thank Tyme4relaxing
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stopped for Lunch, today 18th. May 2014. It is carvery and the choice of Beef, Pork, Salmon and Chicken was served by very friendly, efficient staff. My Wife had Beef and I had Loin of Pork with stuffing and apple sauce - we both agreed that both our meals were delicious and excellent. We had two coffees to follow and they were accompanied with wrapped biscuits and homemade ones too. Thank you Lady Gregory and we look forward to calling again. Míle Buiochas

3  Thank Aidan W