“Fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Glencar House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leitrim
Glencar House
Ranked #1 of 2 Leitrim B&B and Inns
Manchester
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2008

We were greeted with a very warm welcome, cup of tea and home baked scones. The owner is friendly and a great cook! Enjoyed our breakfast immensely, just what was needed before trekking out around Leitrim.

The rooms are spotlessly clean and comfortable. In fact, we've stayed here 5 times in last 5 years and will be back next year!

• Liked — Very clean and comfortable.
  • Disliked — nothing.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Solo
Business
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2008

On a five days stay at Glencar House, from USA with my wife and two daughters Molly and Rose. We have enjoyed excellent accomodation with beautiful views and excellent food, always a warm welcome from the host Maureen, she could not do enough for us even helped us trace my grandmother's homestead. I would highly recommend Glencar House.
After a lovely lunch at The Clarion Hotel Sligo we are now off to Galway for a few days to explore more of your beautiful country and its warm hospitality. A great country with great people.

• Liked — Accomodation. Food. Views. Farmers Market. Waterfalls and Lakes.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hertfordshire, UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2006

I had checked in for several nights but checked out early due to such poor service. In all my years of business and leisure travel I have never done this before. Lots of reasons (a few examples given) but generally because I didn't really want to return at night due to the intrusive and offensive host.

TV in my room didn't work (host even blamed it on me!) and I was even asked to change rooms halfway through my stay. I was not happy to move (it would mean moving from a double- which I'd booked, to a twin) but the host proved bitter so decided to change rooms. Ironically the night I moved we ended up being the only guests - so unnecessary and frustrating.

You could not have breakfast on certain days between 8 and 9am because the host had to go out! Breakfast when served was poor at best with very low qulaity produce and out of date tomato ketchup!

Although the website says ensuite rooms, only half are. Shared bathrooms aren't cleaned properly during the day. Due to the property having wood floorboards can be very noisy and echoey at night. You can hear people using the shared bathroom (read into that what you will! - not nice at 2am).

To add insult to injury the host tried to overcharge me when I checked out...she reluctantly agreed to the agreed charge but only when I showed her the confirmation email.

This b&b is run purely for money and it shows.

I find it sad to write this review because the house is quite nice....the host is the major problem and I don't want others to have the kind of stay I did...it ruined my holiday.

Please also note that some of the photos on the website are not communal areas.

Stayed June 2006