“My stay at Coolrahnee House”
Review of Coolrahnee House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Askeaton
Coolrahnee House
Ranked #3 of 3 Askeaton B&B and Inns
Whitchurch, United Kingdom
“My stay at Coolrahnee House”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My stay at Coolrahnee House was more like being at home Catherine and Oliver really know how to look after their guests, I was made to feel welcome as soon as I arrived and shown to my large bedroom with comfortable bed and a really powerful shower with abundance of hot water.
I stayed seven days and each day the menu changed for the evening dinner, the Irish full breakfast kept me going all day, Catherine's home cooking was great and serves large portions and still offered more.
Both Oliver and his wife Catherine are charming, funny and always wanting to please, we even had a recital with Catherine playing the tin whistle and her young daughter playing the violin.
I hope to return to Askeaton with my wife one day, I recommend this B&B to anyone who enjoys home cooking and with all the comforts of home. I have stayed in many B&Bs and hotels but Coolrahnee House is the most memorable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank David H

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Luton
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I had the fortune of staying at this B&B this April 2013. I have stayed in many Hotels and B&B's in many towns and cities all around Europe. This was by far the best so far. Discussing price and availability with the owner; Mrs Scanlan over a pot of tea and a plate of biscuits set the scene for a very comfortable stay. An Irish stew that would be worthy of a michelin starred restaurant for diner and the finest full breakfast set me up nicely. A warm and quiet room with a nice big comfortable bed left me refreshed for my return drive back to London. I shall be returning with my wife for a family trip as soon as possible. Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Coolkebab
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I stayed at Coolrahnee House in October 2011 and enjoyed my stay - friendly hosts, nice large room and a very good full Irish breakfast. I would recommend this hotel, which is a short walk from the heart of Askeaton

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank MtlTraveler_11
Great Lakes
Reviewed 3 June 2011

My wife and I stayed here in May "09 and it was one of the highlights of our Ireland holiday.
The Scanlons are gracious, fun, funny and exceptional hosts. We stayed up most of the night talking and playing music. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Katherine really makes it a home away from home.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ElDuderinoMI
Hamilton, Texas
Reviewed 26 August 2010

This August-1010, we stayed at Coolrahnee House again, along with another couple from Texas. As usual everything was perfect. Beautiful home, spacious parking and great food. The hostess, Katherine,even has her own resturant downtown now,so you can eat most meals with her. Visited Bunratty (new tunnel under the Shannon cuts 20-25 minutes off that trip), Limerick, Adare(castle,manor and town), Foynes, Askeaton castle (under renovation), The Hellfire Club ruins,Ennis, Loch Derg, all while based in Askeaton.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sojourner-Texas_USA
Hamilton, Texas
Reviewed 27 April 2009

I've stayed with the Scanlons numerous times over the past 8 years. Each time was a delight. The food is outstanding. Often there is traditional entertainment in the sitting room at night if you are so inclined. My wife and I prefer the large room to the left rear on the 2nd floor with adjoining bath, but all the rooms are lovely and well appointed. Well worth the stop. Be prepared to eat an enormous breakfast, cooked and served by Kathrine herself ! Take time to visit the many ruins in Askeaton and walk along the river while there. We use Askeaton as base while touring Limerick and Kerry areas. Foynes and nearby Ballysteen are also worth a visit. Anthony Sheahan is the man to see if you want a historian to show you the various ruins around Askeaton. Inquire at the Travel Center for his number.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sojourner-Texas_USA
Devizes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2008

You will find few other reviews for this family run B&B as the majority of their business is business based. It is easily located by the road at the edge of the village of Askeaton about 1/2 hour from Limerick. The rooms are very large with en suite facilites (sink, toilet & shower) & all with comfortable bed & other furnishings including a TV. There is a downstairs sitting room leading to the breakfast room. Kathrine's welcome is second to none with refreshments & cake. She is eager to supply refreshments on request & always quick to welcome you back to the house. Breakfast is perfect (we even had easter eggs on the table on Easter Sunday!). The fire was lit for us each evening & the sitting room has comfortable leather sofa & chairs with satellite TV - if we hadn't had other things to do then we would have been sorely tempted to spend the evening lounging in front of the fire. Katherine is a very significant feature of this accommodation with her bubbly enthusiam & her children are all delightful & friendly without being too intrusive.

The purpose of our stay was to visit a friend who lives locally for a party so we spent little time at the house & our normal accommodation of choice would be a hotel but we would happily recommend this to others & stay again ourselves.

Cost €70 per room per night for 2 persons sharing B&B (£55 @ €1 to £0.78p)

• Liked — Friendly & fun
  • Disliked — Trying to beat the dog to the front door-always tried, never achieved, just open the kitchen door for her when she wins the race!
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Su-Mart

Been to Coolrahnee House? Share your experiences!