This is an excellent hotel for golfers and walkers.
It is situated in the park of Howth Castle.You drive through this lovely wooden alley and pass the castle which now is a school for cooking !
At the top of the lane you drive between 2 of the hotels 3 golf courses !
The hotel lies beatifully situated at the top but on arrival it definitely does not live up to your expectations or its own website!
Even though some rooms have been modernized the place looks run down .
Rooms are big and most gave an excellent view of the lovely parkland golfcourse and down to the sea.
The hill behind the hotel boast one of the largest rhododendron vegetation in Ireland !
The golfcourses are beautiful -and not too difficult. A Mekka for anybody
with a handicap of 18+
Greenfee is reasonable and so is hire of golfclubs, bags and trolleys.
(Not the best-but adequate)
It is better to hire this at the airport!-which is only 12km away.
Apart from the 3 courses there are many "fancy" and expensive golfcourses
within a 10 minute drive(like Port Marnock etc which are hosts for
international golf events)
It is also a walkers paradise - just stroll around or up the hill and
Many Dubliners spend their days off on a walk at HOWTH HEAD or around
the pretty Howth Bay with all its nice small restaurants.(like King Citric)
Forget that the hotel is run down and use your saved money on golf and nice
(If perfect it would be a 5 star hotel with cost of at least double the price)
They even provide a free bus-shuttle ro Howth Bay and THE DART/TRAIN
that takes you straight into Dublin Centre.
No need for a taxi unless very late
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deer Park Hotel is situated in the grounds of Howth Castle and surrounded by its own golf courses and yet only 9 miles from Dublin City Centre and Airport. Facilites include swimming pool with sauna and steam room and 2 all weather tennis courts. All rooms have bathroom, shower, TV and tea/coffee making facilities. Our Four Earls Restaurant offers an excellent menu including fresh fish from nearby Howth Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Deer Park Hotel Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deer Park Hotel Golf And Spa
- Deer Park Hotel Golf Howth
- Deer Park Hotel Course
- Deer Park Howth
- Deer Park Hotel Golf & Spa Howth, Ireland - County Dublin