“Best seafood chowder in Dublin”
Review of The Waterside Bar

The Waterside Bar
Ranked #27 of 45 Restaurants in Howth
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 January 2014

A warm welcoming, nothing is a bother pub in one of the most beautiful areas of dublin. The food was simple but excellent and the drinks of the highest standard. The staff (including the boss) were welcoming and freindly. you must visit if you are planning a trip to Howth

There are newer reviews for The Waterside Bar

Reviewed 20 October 2013

they must have a new chef, because the food has greatly inproved over the last few months.the bar staff are as usual very friendly and there is a nice atmosphere in the waterside.

1  Thank Marie_Larryhappydays
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We had an early evening supper at this bar. There wasn't much else on offer in the early evening. The people were friendly enough but the food was very unexceptional. The fish and chips were OK but too pricey. The 'striploin' steak was rather tough and the fish pie had very littel in it that could be identified as fish. Eat here if you're desperate but not if you like good food!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

It's been a while since I've been here but I still remember how good the food tasted. There were four of us and we all just ordered appetizers. Despite the inexpensive price, the food was very good, especially seafood, and the portions quite big for being appetizers. I had a fish chowder and it was one of the best I've ever had in my life. The mussels in white wine and garlic sauce were very tasty too and the tomato bruschettas as well. I definitely recommend this place, especially if you love fish!

Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

My sister and I had just gotten off the boat we took from Dun Laoghaire and wanted a bite to eat, so we stopped in here. Service was very good and we had the seafood chowder and the fish and chips.