“Glad We Went”

US$31.13*
Malahide Castle, Dublin Bay and Howth Village Half-Day Trip from Dublin
Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Howth
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We heard about Howth from a walking tour guide in Dublin. We had a few hours free one night and we really weren't up for the whole Dublin party scene so we decided to go. It's a short ride on a DART (about 30 minutes) and fairly cheap too. When we got there most everything was closed so we just walked around the shore. It was amazing. We made our way to the lookout easily and probably spent an hour just staring and looking for seals. We spotted a couple. I took a pic here that looks like something you'd see on a meme online. I'm quite proud of it.

2  Thank Kelli T

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just a short ride on the DART from Dublin and so worth the time. Quaint little village with a wonderful sea breeze to kiss your face. Conan O'Brien once said, "I love Ireland because the air feels right on my skin." I agree!

1  Thank rickeyandcarla
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The walk around howth head is wonderful, obviously better in dry weather! Dusty path, best to wear trainers , it's an easy walk, takes about an hour, the views are just breathtaking , lots of fresh air ,then down to the village for brunch or Sunday lunch!

3  Thank Jlbireland
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Being Irish,I've been to Howth a number of times.In the summer the trek around Howth Head is breathtaking. Make sure you wear comfy shoes and bring a sandwich.The views are just amazing.If you have children with you there are easier walks around the head.If you go there at the weekend there is a market in the town, not far from the train station.You can get some great food there or get some fish and chips.

7  Thank pauld6789
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I love all sorts of bits of Howth, but on my most recent visit I seemed to focus most on the area between the station and the end of West Pier. There is a great concentration of eateries and fish shops in a comparatively short walk and the bird life was also remarkable.

Get the DART out to Howth and take your time just pottering about nearby - not forgetting the pubs at the station and the Market!

1  Thank G and B R