“Ken opposite McGuirks Golf shop runs the best trip over to Ireland's Eye - friendly & helpful.”
Review of Ireland's Eye

Ireland's Eye
Ranked #6 of 25 things to do in Howth
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed on Ireland's Eye all day, painting and drawing. Ken said I could ring him anytime and he came to collect me.
What a guy!
Fantastic :)

There are newer reviews for Ireland's Eye

Reviewed 22 June 2014

After a short spin out on a boat from Howth we arrived on the Island, it is a little dodgy getting ashore especially if you are not surefooted. We spent two hours there climbing up the rocky peaks and through the wild meadow on the lower ground. There was a great variety of birds to be seen and chicks were just beginning to come out of their nests, one of two of the adult (seagulls especially) tried attacking us if we got too near the nests. We were blessed with the weather - sunshine all the way. Great views back over Dublin city and the Dublin Wicklow mountains.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Well worth the 15 euro boat trip. Pack a picnic and a flask of tea. It is such a peaceful place and seems so untouched. September was ideal as it was very quiet. I'm not sure how busy it is on a hot summers day but it felt like we were alone on the island. If you love wildlife then I recommend it.

2  Thank Hanbanana
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

I really loved the island and hope the increasing tourism will not ruin it. There s only nature, inhabited just by gulls, cormorans and birds which are nesting there. Amazing views from the top to Howth and the bay. If nature and wild place are not of your interest than avoid...

1  Thank Saima F
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Our group took the short boat trip out to Irelands eye. I had never been before and was really pleasantly surprised. The boat trip was lovely. The scenery is amazing and we had great fun. Getting up the rocks from the boat was a little hairy but otherwise a great trip.

2  Thank AngoDublin