“Calling all Anglers”

Nonaim Lodge Angling & Accommodation
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Just noticed that Nonaim Lodge is on Tripadvisor, which is great, because I want to let all anglers know that this place is not to be missed. I've been staying and fishing there since before it was a fishing lodge ( almost 20 years) so I speak from experience.
There is no better spot from which to fish the upper end of Corrib, and no-one who knows more about it than Donal. He seems to know the address and phone no. of every fish in that area!
The boats and motors are top class, the advice, even if you're fishing on your own absolutely invaluable. The food, accommodation, and company are impeccable , and have always been...I've stayed and fished here at least 40 times.
I'd give it six out of five if I could.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hamuel

Reviewed 5 July 2012

By far the best B&B we stayed at, on our trip to Ireland. Everything was perfect!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2012

As fishermen with over 30 years experience of fishing Corrib it was a blow when our previous accomodation provider closed due to the death of the owners.
We found Nonaim off the web and liked the write up and decided to give Donal and Connie a chance to provide us wth a base on Corrib.
This was the best decision we could have made. Nonaim is warm, friendly and very convenient for the lake and Donal has all of the equipment you'd need to fish and the accomodation itself is excellent.
Nonaim has been upgraded to provide truelly comfortable accomodation and the breakfasts are just great!
We've been back since our first visit and would not consider staying anywhere else when we travel to Corrib in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room if its available!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank David W
Reviewed 26 June 2012

From the first time i went to Nonaim lodge back in 1999 i was blown away by the quiet peaceful location.That was before i even got on the lake,Don's sole purpose was to put us on the fish and we knew we were in safe hand's.The level of customer service is second to none which has seen me return over 20 times since.This is a big lake and can be daunting but with guides like these it can be fully enjoyed,the food and facilites are perfect and you won't find two harder working host's than Don and Connie.
Rob Cooksley Somerset uk.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rob C
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Been down three times and had a ball every time. Accommodation is first class , breakfast brilliant , all overlooking the Lough.
Went out fishing with Donal , always caught fish , learned about the area and had a great time.
I think the whole set up is very hard to beat .

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Roger T
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I stayed at nonaim lodge in 2011 and 2010 with a group of 4 others. It has always been a real treat. The facilities are 1st class and location is out of this world. I'd certainly recommend Donal to guide you on a fishing trip for the day.But you don't need to be into fishing to enjoy the scenery of connamara and local hospitality in the nearby village of Oughterard. I didnt go this year due to redundancy and really missed the place but will try my best to visit next year. Very many thanks see you soon.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank andrew w
Reviewed 20 June 2012

So, if you are prepared to venture a little off the track, but want to be rewarded with great hospitality, comfortable accommodation, fantastic fishing (if that's what you want to do, I advise you to use the service of the owner, Donal, who is an exceptional fishing guide and great company) then nonaim is for you. My father and I have visited on at least 10 occasions, having used a number of b and b's in the area before discovering nonaim. We love it, and health permitting, will continue our annual visit for years to come.

We go for the fishing but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to outdoor couples, walkers, etc. and only ten mins from town are 5 pubs, one of which, the anchor, has the best Guinness I ever drank. The beer keg is only 40 cms from the end of the tap, thus the beer is as perfect as you will ever get served through clean lines!

Room Tip: Hire a car and make the most of the area, so much to see. Visit linane, westport, achill island, scr...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oughterard
Ross Lake House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Clonbur
Peacockes Hotel
Peacockes Hotel
#1 of 3 in Maam Cross

Been to Nonaim Lodge Angling & Accommodation? Share your experiences!