“What a treat!”

Knockillaree Riding Centre
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“What a treat!”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My husband and I visited Galway from the US for a wedding. With short notice I tried to find a place to ride and see some of the scenery. I contacted a few places that I found on the web. This place got back me and made an effort to accommodate our schedule. I am an experienced rider but my husband does not ride much. This was not a problem at all as we got matched really well with horses we liked. I rode a nice Irish sport horse that was well educated and fun. My husband got a solid quiet horse. We had a beautiful WTC tour in the green rolling hills. We got a history lesson too by Roger. His riding center is run really well. He trains horses and people at several levels, acts as a judge for the Connemara breed at events all around Europe and still makes an effort to take tourists like us out on trail rides!

Visited September 2013

“Stunning & Friendly”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Knockillaree Riding Centre is fantastic, the Connemara landscape is stunning. Roger is an excellent guide who is funny and charming, he even came into town to pick me up from the bus stop in Oughterard. He shared lots of information about the area and also gave me advice on improving the way I ride. Our 2 hour trek was a fantastic end to my trip through Europe. I hope to have another opportunity to take the longer trip the next time I am in Galway. Thank you so much, Roger.

Visited October 2013
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I booked a ride with Roger not expecting to be the only rider. Had a lovely ride into the surrounding hills chatting about Irish history, past and present. I rode a well-mannered horse that was better than I have been on for a long time. Book your ride into the real Irish countryside you can only see from horseback.

Visited October 2013
Bergamo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great riding!”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

If your wish has always been to canter with a horse throgh the green and boundless Irish pririe, you are in the right place!!!
I've ridden just 6 times before, but I was able to canter with their quiet horses, and even for my girlfriend, that is more expert than me, was a great experience. So it doesn't matter how good u're at riding, just enjoy your experience!!!

Visited August 2013
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Fun!”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This was a great experience. Ireland is so full of beautiful scenery that you can enjoy so much more on a horse. Roger was so amazing. He took the coat off his back to give us because we were cold! my family & I are so grateful for his help along the way & in pointing us in the right direction to go afterwards finding us a place to stay the night. I loved the horses & would definitely go back again. Thanks Roger & Tom!

Visited August 2013