“Superb ride”

Knockillaree Riding Centre
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Oughterard
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Excellente ride that the four of us could do on our own, a real VIP treatment!
Even though we had one of our daughter as a beginner, her horse, rightly picked up by Roger, did the good job all along the 2h30 trekking, that is half an hour more than expected. The balad itself was a must, with beautiful landscapes and sightseeing.
Moreover Roger is pretty cool, easy to go whilst professional, I could learnt a lot all along the trekking.
Highly recommended!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Had a lovely afternoon horseback riding in Connemara with Roger as our guide. The horses were beautiful and sweet. As a first time rider, I was made to feel very comfortable and had a lot of fun. The views of the countryside were breathtaking and climbing up into the hills on horseback is a memory I'll never forget. My friends and I enjoyed waiting for the bus in Oughterard at The Boat Inn afterward, as well. Would recommend this to anyone looking for a fun adventure in the west of Ireland.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

My husband and I wanted to do a bit of pony trekking whilst here in Ireland on our honeymoon. We are both complete beginners and Roger put us to ease straight away! His relaxed but professional approach was perfect and we had the most amazing experience being able to ride into the mountains and see the beautiful views as well as learn something from Roger, not only about horse riding but also about the history of the surrounding area too! It was a real family atmosphere around the stables and the little puppy Marley and his two lovely children helped to add even more pleasure to the whole experience! What a great choice we made. I would highly recommend!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The horses are very well taken care of and are trained by experienced riders (not only used to do tourists rides). You can see that the guide loves what he does and that he is very knowledgeable about horse training.

The ride through the mountains were challenging for me as an experienced rider but still a lot of fun with some very beautiful views. I enjoyed the information (history and horse training related) given by the guide during the trip.

I can highly recommend this place no matter if you're beginner or experienced.

1  Thank Ben H
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My family and I had the best time pony trekking at knockillaree riding center in oughterard! The sights were gorgeous and the ponies were great! My father, sister, and myself have experience riding however my mother does not. Roger let us ride horses that suited our experiences. My mother felt comfortable riding, she can be nervous riding but had a lovely calm and safe horse. We all had a blast trekking up the hills of Ireland. Roger also let me jump one of the horses in the ring and gave me very helpful pointers while riding! Truly worth doing for a few hours! Great experience, wonderful atmosphere, and really wonderful people!