As stated before Currarevagh House is actually the oldest Country Guest house in Ireland and therein lies its charm. True its not like the boutique hotels in Dublin and Galway and therfore may not offer all the mod cons these places do. However this is more than offset by the welcome and the beautiful surroundings right on Lough Corrib, where free fishing via the rowing boats owned by the estate is available, and this is one of the finest trout fisheries in Europe as well !!. Being an angler myself I thought this opportunity to good to pass. The lake is stunning as is the estate and offers an exceptional tranquil base to explore the walks along the lake side or go further afield in this beautiful part of Ireland. Henry and his mother couldn't do more to make you feel welcome and we were made to feel like special guests. Our room was clean, large comfortable and spacious and was more than enough for out 2 night stay. Breakfast was fresh, afternoon tea a delight and the dinner lovely. It's an intimate place where you can keep to yourself or chat to the guests in the lounge with a drink or two after dinner. We certainly had a lovely time and would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ireland's longest running guesthouse now managed by the sixth generation of Hodgsons; 180 acres of private lake shore estate, comfortable surroundings offering a unique experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Currarevagh House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Currarevagh House Hotel Oughterard
- Currarevagh Hotel Oughterard
- Currarevagh House Oughterard, County Galway, Ireland