This is a wonderful, old family home that has been turned into a guest house. People come back year after year because it is so laid back and relaxing to stay here. Every detail has been seen to by the Hodgson family so you feel part of the family yet pampered at the same time. We stayed for two nights and had dinner there both nights. The food was marvelous and a superb value as well. The breakfast was delicious as well as afternoon tea and cakes, if you are there at 4 o'clock. Henry was our only host as his parents were on holiday. He saw to our every need, including easy directions to interesting sites in the area. Our room had a view of the lake as well as the mountains. We have every intention of returning to Currarevagh House on our next visit to Ireland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ireland's longest running guesthouse now managed by the sixth generation of Hodgsons; 180 acres of private lake shore estate, comfortable surroundings offering a unique experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Currarevagh House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Currarevagh House Hotel Oughterard
- Currarevagh Hotel Oughterard
- Currarevagh House Oughterard, County Galway, Ireland