This place is fantastic. We drove from Dublin on a Friday afternoon and got to the hotel in time to have a shower and dinner. Everyone eats at 8pm which is great, the bell rings and calls everyone to dinner. The menu is posted at reception during the day and there are 4 courses, then coffee and petits fours. Everything is homemade, fresh and there is plenty of food, you even get offered seconds. My girlfriend is a vegeterian and I forgot to say that to them but (and I only mentioned it once we had finished our starter) there was no problem and a fantastic option was brought for her main course.
There is so much to do in the area, and the owners are a mine of local information. We went for a little drive but as we were only there for a few days got back as quick as we could to the house to just relax and read our books in the lounge and go for walks in the amazing surrounding countryside. Breakfast was so big that it set us up nicely for the day, but then what a great surprise when cakes and tea were brought in at 4.30 for afternoon tea.
This house oozes charm, as do the owners. They could not have been nicer or more helpful. As for the rooms, they are great, one of the best nights sleep I have had in a hotel.
For a weekend away, or mid week break, a few days in Currarevagh House is the BEST way to unwind. I honestly could not recommend it enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ireland's longest running guesthouse now managed by the sixth generation of Hodgsons; 180 acres of private lake shore estate, comfortable surroundings offering a unique experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Currarevagh House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Currarevagh House Hotel Oughterard
- Currarevagh Hotel Oughterard
- Currarevagh House Oughterard, County Galway, Ireland