“Great breakfast!”

Price range: US$4 - US$28
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Breathnach's Bar is family run restaurant placed in the heart of Oughterard, co. Galway. The food and beverages are served all day, starting with Breathnach's famous Full Irish Breakfast, through lunch with daily specials, till dinner which features Traditional Irish Stew, Steaks and good selection of fish meals. There are vegetarian and gluten free options available as well. All our products are sourced locally where possible. Bar contains good selection of non- and alcoholic drinks including local beer on draught. Our pub is the venue for live music hosting traditional session every Saturday night.
Turin
“Great breakfast!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Going to Ireland, I knew I would enjoy the breakfasts better than the lunches and this place did not disappoint.
We had the best black pudding ever (I even asked the server where they got it from, had I not been flying back I would have gone to the butchers to buy some!).

If anyone is staying in the area and does not want to pay for a hotel breakfast go there, it's excellent value for money.

Madrid, Spain
“Good local place”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

In the city center, this pub has good food and good service in a nice place. We enjoyed the irish stew and the mussels but the dessert (rasberry cheesecake) not at all.

Galway, Ireland
“The best places can be found on your doorstep !”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Can't believe that I never thought to let everyone know just how good this place in our nearest village really is. Sometimes we come home from work and don't feel like cooking so we pop back the road to Breathnachs for a steak (we are creatures of habit) served with mushrooms and onions and garlic butter and a bowl of chips. Always cooked to perfection and always divine. This is proper home cooked food served by fabulous staff and the owner himself is nearly always on site to meet you and take your order. Last night was one of those nights where we had nothing in the house we had both been working and we hadn't felt like shopping so back we went. As is normal at this time of year the place was full and there was a 45 minute wait for a table or we could eat at the bar counter (I was a bit reluctant at first) but my husband persuaded me and we had our usual 2 rare steaks with the trimmings. I was watching the staff and I have to say the phrase "well oiled machine" came to mind they really do have things down to a fine art. Well done to all the fabulous people in Breathnachs we love the place, the people and are proud to say it's our local.

Nancy, France
“Fishermen pub, nice music”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We ate very well in this pub, plus the decoration reminded us of our fishing day on the Lough Corrib. The staff is very kind, and we saw The Brennans playing and singing around 22h30 (father and daughter I think). I highly recommend it ! We had a lovely night there :)

Visited August 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great dinner - good food, friendly service”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were directed to Breathnach's from our hostess at the Woodlands B&B. We had a great dinner - the food was delicious - and were warmly welcomed by the staff and owners. Had we stayed longer, I would have returned for another dinner. Highly recommend it!

Visited April 2014