“Great Atmosphere. Friendly staff”
Review of Breathnach's Bar

Breathnach's Bar
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Oughterard
Price range: US$4 - US$30
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Breathnach's Bar is family run restaurant placed in the heart of Oughterard, co. Galway. The food and beverages are served all day, starting with Breathnach's famous Full Irish Breakfast, through lunch with daily specials, till dinner which features Traditional Irish Stew, Steaks and good selection of fish meals. There are vegetarian and gluten free options available as well. All our products are sourced locally where possible. Bar contains good selection of non- and alcoholic drinks including local beer on draught. Our pub is the venue for live music hosting traditional session every Saturday night.
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Ate an early evening meal here with my family. The children were very welcome and there was a varied childrens menu. Good varied menu for the adults, which was hot and tasty and sensibly priced. Landlord is welcoming and they serve a decent pint.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Going to Ireland, I knew I would enjoy the breakfasts better than the lunches and this place did not disappoint.
We had the best black pudding ever (I even asked the server where they got it from, had I not been flying back I would have gone to the butchers to buy some!).

If anyone is staying in the area and does not want to pay for a hotel breakfast go there, it's excellent value for money.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

In the city center, this pub has good food and good service in a nice place. We enjoyed the irish stew and the mussels but the dessert (rasberry cheesecake) not at all.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Can't believe that I never thought to let everyone know just how good this place in our nearest village really is. Sometimes we come home from work and don't feel like cooking so we pop back the road to Breathnachs for a steak (we are creatures of habit) served with mushrooms and onions and garlic butter and a bowl of chips. Always cooked to perfection and always divine. This is proper home cooked food served by fabulous staff and the owner himself is nearly always on site to meet you and take your order. Last night was one of those nights where we had nothing in the house we had both been working and we hadn't felt like shopping so back we went. As is normal at this time of year the place was full and there was a 45 minute wait for a table or we could eat at the bar counter (I was a bit reluctant at first) but my husband persuaded me and we had our usual 2 rare steaks with the trimmings. I was watching the staff and I have to say the phrase "well oiled machine" came to mind they really do have things down to a fine art. Well done to all the fabulous people in Breathnachs we love the place, the people and are proud to say it's our local.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We ate very well in this pub, plus the decoration reminded us of our fishing day on the Lough Corrib. The staff is very kind, and we saw The Brennans playing and singing around 22h30 (father and daughter I think). I highly recommend it ! We had a lovely night there :)