“Amazing German Baking in Ireland”
Review of Jae's Cafe Oughterard - CLOSED

Jae's Cafe Oughterard
Ottawa, Canada
“Amazing German Baking in Ireland”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We were passing through Oughterard on our way to Clifden and stopped for some souvenir shopping and a coffee. My husband's good coffee experiences over the past 2 weeks in Ireland had been somewhat limited. We just happened to find Jae's Coffee House and are glad we did. I had a custard/fruit type of cake that I can't remember the name of and my husband had the chocolate cake. We loved them both and he raved about his cup of coffee! We even bought a plum cake for the road - delicious! Travelling back through town the next day, we had to stop for coffee. We enjoyed chatting with Maren and were pleased to meet the baker on our second visit. A stop not to be missed! They have all kinds of desserts, breads, scones, etc. and make fresh sandwiches. Bring an appetite!

• Visited July 2013