Ross Lake House Hotel
US$147
US$142
Travelocity
Currarevagh House(Oughterard)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsirish coffeetwo nightsaward winningfour poster bedcatch the ferrybit wornachill islandlarge bedroom and bathroomthe ownerunique experiencegracious hostsirish hospitalityenjoyed our staywonderful dinnerrooms are spacious and cleanbreakfast and dinnerbeautiful grounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2009

As soon as I stumbled upon Ross Lake House, I was immediately welcomed by a delightful sheltie and the owners/propriertors Elaine and Henry. Ross Lake House was the absolute highlight of my two week holiday in Ireland. Sitting at the end of the evening, sharing a dram of fine whisky and being treated as a long lost friend was the end to a perfect and all too short evening.
The grounds are spectacular and the suite I was treated to was divine. Breakfast was delightful, but dinner was truly a culinary experience that I still remember with bliss. You are treated as one of the family and the memories of your stay will truly last a lifetime.
Thank you Elaine and Henry for one of the best times in my life...truly!!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2009

Ross Lake provided a perfect peaceful interlude during a long overland trip. Henry the proprietor was charming, funny, informative, attentive, and extremely helpful. 5 Stars from all six of us.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2009

This is a beautiful hotel to stay in. It is tucked away in the countryside, a short drive from Galway. The owners Henry & Elaine are very friendly and inviting. They are very knowledgeable about things to do in the area. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. If we had more time we would have stayed longer here. We hope to get back to Ireland and stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2009

My husband and I stayed here for two nights on our trip through Ireland. We were welcomed graciously to this beautiful place by Henry and Elaine, who were the most friendly and expert host and hostess. Both were always happy to answer our questions and offer suggestions to make our trip memorable. Our room was spacious and comfortable, and the house was warm and accommodating to all of our needs. We chose to eat dinner at the house, and were thoroughly pleased with the expertly prepared four course meal (costing 50 euro each). The location was excellent for access to both Galway city to the east and the Connemara region to the west. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to this region of Ireland, and I only hope to return soon myself.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2009

The holiday was to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary and we spent 5 nights at the hotel. The owners (Elaine & Henry) were so welcoming and helpful which made the trip even more memorable. The hotel is located away from any built up area and thus was very quiet, an ideal place to relax but a great base to see the wonderful scenery of Connemara.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple